Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, now I just have to wait 2 months for my new BFF :)
In the meantime, I am about to order a set of 4 pcs of mud flaps through an Ebay seller.

Have anyone of your guys tried to mount these? It is the original ones.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

the mud flaps are a bit of a pig to get on - front not too bad, but rears - need to jack up and take wheels off in order to make room for drilling a couple of 5mm holes and then pop riveting in place, Kit came with 6 rivets for 2 fronts, same for rears - you'll need to get a pop riveting tool - about 3-4 quid from the usual suspects(Amazon/Ebay) Upside is they do look quite good.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nivs123 said:
the mud flaps are a bit of a pig to get on - front not too bad, but rears - need to jack up and take wheels off in order to make room for drilling a couple of 5mm holes and then pop riveting in place, Kit came with 6 rivets for 2 fronts, same for rears - you'll need to get a pop riveting tool - about 3-4 quid from the usual suspects(Amazon/Ebay) Upside is they do look quite good.
Thanks for your good description - it's nice to know what to expect.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Easy to find on eBay and listed as genuine Citroen. At over £30 per pair I don't doubt they are genuine but approaching £65 plus the install effort is a lot to avoid a bit of mud up the sides.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For some of us it isn't just to avoid mud and small stones up the sides when driving stock car to the bakery. It's also a matter of design og look of the car. Personally I think it looks great with the flaps.

G

·
Vacuman said:
Easy to find on eBay and listed as genuine Citroen. At over £30 per pair I don't doubt they are genuine but approaching £65 plus the install effort is a lot to avoid a bit of mud up the sides.
Which they don't in fact they are pretty useless.
NickKK said:
For some of us it isn't just to avoid mud and small stones up the sides when driving stock car to the bakery. It's also a matter of design og look of the car. Personally I think it looks great with the flaps.
I was hoping they would be effective but they aren't but I bought mine for style as well and I agree with you they finish off the car nicely.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Keith said:
I was hoping they would be effective but they aren't but I bought mine for style as well and I agree with you they finish off the car nicely.
Don't suppose you could provide a photo?

G

·
Adrian said:
Keith said:
Don't suppose you could provide a photo?

This is how it came back from the dealers after it's 1st service but that's another story. I know all this mud wouldn't have been stopped by the mudflaps but I feel they are just for looks not practicality.

Probably not the best picture but I do feel they finish the car off nicely.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Keith, that's the look after drifting down the road ;-)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Keith said:
This is how it came back from the dealers after it's 1st service but that's another story. I know all this mud wouldn't have been stopped by the mudflaps but I feel they are just for looks not practicality.
What did they do to it?! :shock: Looks like its been on a trials!

G

·
BristolRich said:
Keith said:
What did they do to it?! :shock: Looks like its been on a trials!
They badly scratched thr black sill below the drivers door. I do beleive it was a conspiracy between the mechanic and delivery driver to hide it.
It didn't work and the head of service was very appologetic and is replacing it free of charge.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm hoping they will cut down some of the muck kicked up by the wheels, especially at the rear.

Pretty easy to fit, so long as you have a pop riveter. I took each wheel off for ease & to clean the inside of the alloys. Probably took 10 minutes a corner.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts