Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loving my new bright red C4 Cactus.
Is anyone else experiencing a message that keeps coming up on the display, "Multimedia system is temporarily unavailable"?
The radio still works while the message is on screen, only lasts for a second or so, I can change stations afterwards.
Safe motoring.
Mike. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes I have had the same after I plugged in a usb stick it randomly comes up but other than that all seem well and I find the basic audio very good but would be nice to have the rears as in other post but can live happily as is.

·
Administrator
196 Posts
Does it only happen on cold? The guys over at the Peugeot 208 forum suffer this when the temp drops below 4 degrees.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rob,
Come to think of it, it does seem to occur on colder days!!!! Will monitor to see if it happens when the weather gets better.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, picked up my cactus in January and just passed 4,000km in it. It's a huge change from the cars I've owned previously, I'm really enjoying the originality and neat design.

One niggle I've had from day 2 is the multimedia issue described here. It's definately temperature related occurring consistently below 6 degrees. Nothing was showing on any of my cars logs however since presenting photos and videos they do seem to be taking the issue seriously. It's been referred back to France now but analysis is proving painfully slow, I don't expect the issue to show itself again until after the summer.

I noticed this thread went a little quiet and wondered did anyone get a resolution from Citroen?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Could this fault be something to do with the system syncing with my phone - I noticed that when the message comes up I can return to the radio screen but the source "button" does not work.
I will turn my bluetooth off on the phone and see if the message still appears.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Happened once so far on mine. Low temperature, 4 degrees or so. Also had a USB stick connected.
Not happened since at similar temperatures though.

Dave

·
Registered
626 Posts
ferrisimo said:
Happened once so far on mine. Low temperature, 4 degrees or so. Also had a USB stick connected.
Not happened since at similar temperatures though.

Dave
And me....

USB connected and playing media
iPhone 6 connected via Bluetooth
5c deg outside temp

It got itself in a right pickle - stopped playing music,crashed with a loud "hump" through the speakers, rebooted, started playing the track from where it started off when I started the car (not when it crashed), played music for 30secs crashed again, rebooted, started playing the track from where it started off when I started the car (not when it stopped), crashed again...and got itself stuck in a loop.

The only way to stop it was to stop the car, pull out the key, pull out the USB stick, turn off the bluetooth on my phone, restart the car.

Not done it since...but then not had the cold weather.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Hmm...interesting

Not had this but I have my music downloaded to jukebox I don't leave the USB stick in but I will keep an eye out in cold weather

Like now - there is snow outside :shock:

·
Registered
51 Posts
mine was fine this morning and it was 2 degC outside but I didn't have a USB or anything plugged into it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Not happened to me, 0 degrees and the christmas crooners are sounding great. Hot chocolate anyone? :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
This has happend to mine another few times at low temp. I think its related to the touch screen itself rather than what its doing.
I've had it occur with and without USB connected and phone.

What I noticed today (around 4 degrees) was that the screen powered itself on again when I managed to get
to the turn off display button. Then several minutes of repeated "Mutimedia temporarily unavailable".

It also looked like a wipe of the screen fixed it. Perhaps it need to be calibrated at low temperature as a result of condensation.
Particularly annoying though.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I am getting " Multimedia system temporarily unavailable" on most journeys now. I have taken a photo for my records, but outside temperature was a balmy 12c so it is not a low temperature only problem for me. It cannot be cleared, but disappears if I press one of the "hard" touch button on the left of the display only to reappear again quite often. If I select the navigation display, then it seems to have a mind of its own and cycles up and down my recent destinations! I have had this problem persist for up to 20 minutes into a journey.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my CACTUS since September it was registered in March 2015 so was 6 months old when I got it. I started to get the message Multimedia System temporarily unavailable intermittently, now it happens every time I drive it. Sometimes it has a life of its own and turns the temperature up and down. The radio still works but it is really annoying as when the message is on the screen I can't change anything. It is going in tomorrow but after reading these forums I am not too hopeful of a solution. In my view this is quite a serious fault as when it happens you can't control anything until it clears. Will let you know what they say.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Annwae said:
I have had my CACTUS since September it was registered in March 2015 so was 6 months old when I got it. I started to get the message Multimedia System temporarily unavailable intermittently, now it happens every time I drive it. Sometimes it has a life of its own and turns the temperature up and down. The radio still works but it is really annoying as when the message is on the screen I can't change anything. It is going in tomorrow but after reading these forums I am not too hopeful of a solution. In my view this is quite a serious fault as when it happens you can't control anything until it clears. Will let you know what they say.
I wonder if this issue is the reason behind Citroen dropping "Jukebox" from the latest versions of the Cactus.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.