Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove for 8 hours last weekend, and the multimedia terminal turned it self off and rebooted 10-15 times. This has happend before, also on short trips.

I tried several situations, with and without the navigation system active, I tried while listening to the radio, to the jukebox and listening to my iPhone via bluetooth and USB-cable. The reboot happened on all occasions.

I have loaded the jukebox with files from my iTunes folder via a memory stick, and have a lot of music in the jukebox (nearly full). It plays great.

have anyone else experienced that the systems reboots itself often?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Knud said:
I drove for 8 hours last weekend, and the multimedia terminal turned it self off and rebooted 10-15 times. This has happend before, also on short trips.

I tried several situations, with and without the navigation system active, I tried while listening to the radio, to the jukebox and listening to my iPhone via bluetooth and USB-cable. The reboot happened on all occasions.

I have loaded the jukebox with files from my iTunes folder via a memory stick, and have a lot of music in the jukebox (nearly full). It plays great.

have anyone else experienced that the systems reboots itself often?
Hello Knud

That dosen't seem to be normal behavior of the terminal. Under my trip's I've never experienced that.
Down to the dealer and have them looking at it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Knud said:
the multimedia terminal turned it self off and rebooted 10-15 times
This is normal for this pile of software crap manufactured by Magneti Marelli, if you have any external multimedia stuff connected (iPod, iPhone, USB stick with music) and even with music files copied to the internal jukebox.

I was at the dealer today and obtained a software update to SMEG 5.2.C.R1/CD 26050/08-01-15 and do hope that the permanent crashes are gone now. I will only see in the next days whether the state of affairs improved.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I went into jukebox for the first time in ages and the whole mulitmedia terminal has started rebooting over and over again so must be the same software glitch. So a visit to the dealer is called for as there is no Control Alt Delete!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Took the Cactus to the dealers today and they are unable to resolve the problem of the Multmedia terminal rebooting so have promised to order a new one next week. (terminal that is... not the car!)

·
Registered
49 Posts
One month on and the Dealer is unable to obtain a replacement screen. The whole complex is unusable and makes driving annoying Nothing heard from Citroen UK but they rarely talk to Customers!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts