Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a dealership yesterday to just look, the Cactus was probably 3rd on my list behind a Picasso and Ford C-Max, with 2 young kids, I was looking for something "sensible" and "grown up" but as soon as I clapped eyes on the Cactus, I just knew I had to atleast test drive it to satisfy my curiosity, to see if those negative reviews, and positive were indeed right.
After a quick blast I was absolutely smitten with this 1.2L Puretech, Flair in Obsidian black, 17" alloys, it looked a million dollars, not £10,999 and only 6 months old!
As it was my first car, I had brought along a family friend, with plenty of car buying experience , even he was impressed, and said it was a great first car, and marvelled at the airbumps, and wished his car ( Merc 4x4) had them!
So I went with my heart and didn't even bother driving the Picasso or C-Max, saving the £k3-4 extra it would've cost to get a similar aged car ( I did sit in the Grand Picasso , but I just didn't feel any connection to it)
I then followed my friend back to his along the North Circular, and then back to NW London in the dark, I just love how responsive and nippy the car is, even with 3 adults in.
I haven't got to grips with everything yet, the reverse park assist looks handy though!
My wife wanted a Picasso, but as soon as she saw this, and how enamored I was with it ( and how good the price was) she soon changed her tune.
Obviously it's early days, but so far, so good, one very, very happy C4 Cactus owner!!
my eldest loves it, and doubt he'd be so enthused about a Picasso...

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
Concactulations ;)

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Brilliant that's like our story but I was actually a little negative before the test drive as I had jap cars in the past and a long time ago I found Citroen gears to be wooly and not responsive like I was used to.

Test drove the cactus (after a few Nissan's) and loved it and bought it straight away.... My wife and I loved it and still do. Best car so far I think and ours is the same colour :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
I looked at the Picasso (normal and grand) as well. But those are really battleship cars. Insanely huge and fuelconsumption can't even be compared. Smart move going for this. And it should still give you plenty of space for a family with 2 kids. And there is always the options of a roofbox should you be short on space.

Congratulations and enjoy!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Bewar3them00n said:
Went to a dealership yesterday to just look, the Cactus was probably 3rd on my list behind a Picasso and Ford C-Max, with 2 young kids, I was looking for something "sensible" and "grown up" but as soon as I clapped eyes on the Cactus, I just knew I had to atleast test drive it to satisfy my curiosity, to see if those negative reviews, and positive were indeed right.
After a quick blast I was absolutely smitten with this 1.2L Puretech, Flair in Obsidian black, 17" alloys, it looked a million dollars, not £10,999 and only 6 months old!
As it was my first car, I had brought along a family friend, with plenty of car buying experience , even he was impressed, and said it was a great first car, and marvelled at the airbumps, and wished his car ( Merc 4x4) had them!
So I went with my heart and didn't even bother driving the Picasso or C-Max, saving the £k3-4 extra it would've cost to get a similar aged car ( I did sit in the Grand Picasso , but I just didn't feel any connection to it)
I then followed my friend back to his along the North Circular, and then back to NW London in the dark, I just love how responsive and nippy the car is, even with 3 adults in.
I haven't got to grips with everything yet, the reverse park assist looks handy though!
My wife wanted a Picasso, but as soon as she saw this, and how enamored I was with it ( and how good the price was) she soon changed her tune.
Obviously it's early days, but so far, so good, one very, very happy C4 Cactus owner!!
my eldest loves it, and doubt he'd be so enthused about a Picasso...
An interesting choice when compared to the other two cars on your list, not least because both of those have a higher roof line and road height. But we all made the same, interesting choice :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Cactus is still higher than conventional cars, particularly the Peugeot hatch I learned in ( can't recall what model, just goes to show how non descript most modern cars are!) while it's not a Picasso, even though I'm 6'2" I don't feel cramped or too low, and I'm very happy with the "compromise "!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts