Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
ianfreeman said:
I might be being a bit stupid but I can't find a way to enter a postcode in the satnav or any reference to it in the manual. I have a 2018 Cactus Flair. Any help would be much appreciated. Found this thread but I think it refers to an older system https://www.cactusforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1071
That's how you do it, in the "Town" field.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried that. It recognises the first part of the postcode (eg CO12) and gives me a choice of towns in that area and when you select the a town it asks for a street. If I enter the second part of the postcode it doesn't come up with anything

·
Registered
709 Posts
ianfreeman said:
I have tried that. It recognises the first part of the postcode (eg CO12) and gives me a choice of towns in that area and when you select the a town it asks for a street. If I enter the second part of the postcode it doesn't come up with anything
Not sure I fully follow this.
You can apparently enter the first four characters and then : nothing happens ? - or it jumps to the choice of towns?

Is it that you can you actually enter the full post code , and then there is no response?

I think the system is expecting seven characters to be entered so for post codes with only six characters you might need the space symbol after the first three.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I enter the first four characters and then get a list of towns. If I then enter the remaining three characters of the post code (with or without a space), nothing happens. It's a mystery.

·
Registered
709 Posts
This may be of no use to you - its from a forum for SEAT Cupra in 2017 - but the issue seems very similar (Satnav only taking 4 characters)

The advice given was :
"Go to the Address entry page and select CITY. On the keyboard that comes up press POSTCODE and then a new keyboard pops up to allow you to enter the postcode. Make sure you put a space after the first 4 digits."

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ian
The satnav is just shit. Others here seem to be Citroen employees trying to justify the product, but it totally fails when you cannot enter you destination in a simple manner.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Pvanv said:
Ian
The satnav is just shit. Others here seem to be Citroen employees trying to justify the product, but it totally fails when you cannot enter you destination in a simple manner.
Whilst your dislike of the Citroen Sat Nav is well documented on here, indeed some of the kind people you have just insulted, have previously tried to help you in this matter. I doubt they will again though. Yes its a bit clunky but I`ve always managed to get it to work even in rural France........and you can make of that what you will :roll:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm grateful for everyone's help. Aside of the postcode issue I'm finding the satnav far superior to the one in my previous car, a 65 DS3. I'll try the 'search' option shortly. EDIT: And lo and behold, it works! Tap 'search', enter a postcode and the street comes up! Many thanks Chris.

G

·
paully said:
Pvanv said:
Ian
Whilst your dislike of the Citroen Sat Nav is well documented on here, indeed some of the kind people you have just insulted, have previously tried to help you in this matter. I doubt they will again though. Yes its a bit clunky but I`ve always managed to get it to work even in rural France........and you can make of that what you will :roll:
Ours as been perfect simple input of post codes or coordinates easy from halesowen to brittany/honfleur/Normandy etc always found its location , whats wrong with it !!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've never been able to get the postcodes working on my 2018 Cactus, just the first half brought up the town...... I need to try clicking on search as above, thanks for the heads up on that one. :D

P.S. Just downloaded new maps and touchscreen files as advised by the app.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts