Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am going for the 1,6 hdi with etg6 gearbox. I like the pearl white. The question is about airbumps - black or brown? Which do you think fit better. The interior is going to be brown ( havana pack). I would also like to ask what dou you think about red mirror caps whith white cactus. Is it too much?

Raul

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pearl White
+Black airbump = Stormtrooper
+Brown airbump = 1970s US Stationwagon
+Red mirror caps = Nissan Juke

IMHO
:p

·
Registered
265 Posts
ITs tricky giving an opinion on someone elses choice - we all have different tastes. If it was my Id seriously consider brown airbumps with red mirrors

·
Registered
328 Posts
Raul said:
Hello

I am going for the 1,6 hdi with etg6 gearbox. I like the pearl white. The question is about airbumps - black or brown? Which do you think fit better. The interior is going to be brown ( havana pack). I would also like to ask what dou you think about red mirror caps whith white cactus. Is it too much?

Raul
You're choosing Feel and above otherwise you won't get the 1.6 HDI engine, so you have the full range of colours to choose from. I like Dune. As for seats, I like the leather as they look like airbumps. Red door mirrors, I have them, but mine is black. Maybe consider removing the roof bars, I prefer the look.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Better to have the roof bars and never need them than not have them and then regret it.

Could also reduce resale value - I just bought a S/H Peugeot 207SW for my daughter and specifically avoided the lower-end models without roof bars even though they were usually cheaper

·
Registered
328 Posts
Vacuman said:
Better to have the roof bars and never need them than not have them and then regret it.

Could also reduce resale value - I just bought a S/H Peugeot 207SW for my daughter and specifically avoided the lower-end models without roof bars even though they were usually cheaper
Not sure I understand about the regret, I don't need roof bars to fit a roof box, and the fact it's an optional cost extra to have them removed (it's a different roof panel) I doubt it hurts resale value.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Seen a white with red mirror caps at my dealers, so able to view close up - and for me it doesn't work :(
I eventually decided not to have them with my red Cactus decal ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Always take the roof bars. If eventually you don't want them on then you can still remove them. Only thing is you will see (4?) tiny holes with caps on the place where they are normally attached to the roof. There is even a thread on this forum about how to remove them.

If you remove them from factory you also don't get the holes and will never be able to fit them afterwards.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Gss said:
Always take the roof bars. If eventually you don't want them on then you can still remove them. Only thing is you will see (4?) tiny holes with caps on the place where they are normally attached to the roof. There is even a thread on this forum about how to remove them.

If you remove them from factory you also don't get the holes and will never be able to fit them afterwards.
The thread gives a link to web page where the cactus owner wanted to remove his bars, due to a whistling sound. He said it left ten huge holes behind.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Blactus said:
Vacuman said:

Not sure I understand about the regret, I don't need roof bars to fit a roof box, and the fact it's an optional cost extra to have them removed (it's a different roof panel) I doubt it hurts resale value.
You might want to bring home some garden fence panels or something similar that won't fit in the back but could be strapped to the roof rails...if you have them.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Vacuman said:
Blactus said:
Vacuman said:

You might want to bring home some garden fence panels or something similar that won't fit in the back but could be strapped to the roof rails...if you have them.
Fair point mate :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Its funny, he thought "fence panels", I thought "cow" .

Guess I watch too much Top Gear.

·
Registered
383 Posts
It is personal choice and I really like the brown airbumps but always thinks a looks a little odd that the wheel arches etc are black, it would be nice if it all matched.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think I have finally reached to the decision - the airbumps are going to be brown. I also considered dune but on white car they are a bit too "little" in my opinion. I also think that I am not going for the red mirrors. They are problably too much for some people to abide.
Wheels - I am leaning towards silver.
Seats - leather vs vinyl( habana). On pictures the vinyl looks good and so does leather. I do not have a chance to try them in real life but considering if money is not a factor, wich would be your choice? I am leaning towards vinyl.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Raul said:
I think I have finally reached to the decision - the airbumps are going to be brown. I also considered dune but on white car they are a bit too "little" in my opinion. I also think that I am not going for the red mirrors. They are problably too much for some people to abide.
Wheels - I am leaning towards silver.
Seats - leather vs vinyl( habana). On pictures the vinyl looks good and so does leather. I do not have a chance to try them in real life but considering if money is not a factor, wich would be your choice? I am leaning towards vinyl.
I like the leather, they look like airbumps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like the leather, they look like airbumps[/quote]

I like this comparison that they look like airbumps. But how is leather - is it soft? Could it be that cloth is actually more comfortable? How is leather in the winter?

I want the cactus to be the most comfortable I can get. I even consider ordering 16 inch wheels instead of 17 , not sure there is a big difference in driving comfort.

Raul

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mrsstuzilla said:
We have pearl white with brown bumps and black arches. I like that it is tricoloured! :)
What would you think of red mirrors and red stripe at the back with your colour combination?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Raul said:
Mrsstuzilla said:
We have pearl white with brown bumps and black arches. I like that it is tricoloured! :)
What would you think of red mirrors and red stripe at the back with your colour combination?
I reckon the red options only good looking with black or white models...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts