Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Don't blow a fuse yourself, the dealer can track your car. It doesn't ring right what they are telling you. Get on to Citroen UK and inform them of your situation. They are very helpful and polite.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark said:
Don't blow a fuse yourself, the dealer can track your car. It doesn't ring right what they are telling you. Get on to Citroen UK and inform them of your situation. They are very helpful and polite.
Thanks Mark. The dealer is the problem, complete lack of communication. It's been pretty awful to be honest. I've not asked for weekly updates and etc, but the last contact I had was to say the vehicle had left Madrid on the 14th, and he'd be in touch again after Easter with a view to handing over today......by my reckoning, this is now the third working day after Easter and there has been no contact whatsoever.

I'm getting to the point where I'm going to walk away. If this experience is anything to go by, heavens knows what the after sales service will be like!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Judging from what you say, I would think your car will arrive at the end of next week. It has to go by rail, ship and transporter. I got mine exactly 3 months from order and the dealer at the time said we were very lucky. I have had mine 15 months now and very pleased and my sister's Cactus is a year old next week. So just hang on you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I too have become very annoyed. I placed my order for the cactus on 27th January and was told delivery end of march. It's now 1st April and I've been told they are now in the UK but apparently they have no control over the transport people and it will arrive when it gets here. Nice!!
Every day I'm getting more bad tempered :evil:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Trouble being, the dealer has no control over when it will arrive, it's out of his hands until the car actually arrives in this country or the dealership. He should he honest. This isn't my first new car, and knowing this, I went for a pre-configured, of which there seemed to be every choice available (Sept 15)

·
Registered
262 Posts
We really were very lucky. Popped into the dealership one Saturday had a chat and arranged the 24 hour test drive for the following Saturday prior to which I had told the salesman trim level, colour and options. Returned the test car on the Sunday, salesman explained that he had searched the network for suitable cars only to realise that what we wanted was on display beside his desk. We had no wait.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mark said:
Judging from what you say, I would think your car will arrive at the end of next week. It has to go by rail, ship and transporter. I got mine exactly 3 months from order and the dealer at the time said we were very lucky. I have had mine 15 months now and very pleased and my sister's Cactus is a year old next week. So just hang on you won't be disappointed.
It's just the total lack of communication that's got up my nose.

I work in recruitment, and if I treated my candidates like this, I'd never fill any roles and would be unemployed.

If you say you're going to call/email, do it. Anyone not following up on what they say really gets my goat!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ruairip said:
We really were very lucky. Popped into the dealership one Saturday had a chat and arranged the 24 hour test drive for the following Saturday prior to which I had told the salesman trim level, colour and options. Returned the test car on the Sunday, salesman explained that he had searched the network for suitable cars only to realise that what we wanted was on display beside his desk. We had no wait.
Ah that's good to hear! Hope you're enjoying your new ride? :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
METE78 said:
I too have become very annoyed. I placed my order for the cactus on 27th January and was told delivery end of march. It's now 1st April and I've been told they are now in the UK but apparently they have no control over the transport people and it will arrive when it gets here. Nice!!
Every day I'm getting more bad tempered :evil:
I'm not bothered when it's here, it's just the lack of communication that's got my goat.

I've emailed the dealer and told him I'm busy till the end of the month and will be in touch to arrange a suitable handover date. I'm genuinely busy with work and am away for 2 weeks, so it's now his problem as to why a space on the forecourt is going to be occupied for a month, and the sale won't be finalised......hopefully this will impinge on his sales targets and he'll maybe learn not to piss customers about :oops:

Where are you based, ours may be on the same shipment lol!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Blactus said:
Trouble being, the dealer has no control over when it will arrive, it's out of his hands until the car actually arrives in this country or the dealership. He should he honest. This isn't my first new car, and knowing this, I went for a pre-configured, of which there seemed to be every choice available (Sept 15)
I completely get that he has no control, it's the shoddy service I cannot bear. Just a quick email would suffice, but no, he's more than likely trying to achieve his targets for the next quarter. I get it, I really do, but he'll not have a long career within a cut-throat sales environment if his customer service skills are anything to go by!

I'm away from Monday for 2 weeks and then quite busy work wise so he'll now have to wait for me I'm afraid. Let's see how he likes it when the boot is on the other foot. I'm in no rush, I can walk away and go with another dealer if needs be.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Lisloo30 said:
ruairip said:
Really enjoying it and loving the compliments and attention that it is getting, do hope that you get yours soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ruairip said:
Lisloo30 said:
ruairip said:
Really enjoying it and loving the compliments and attention that it is getting, do hope that you get yours soon.
Ahh that's great to hear :D I've no doubt it'll be worth the wait!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm in Taunton Somerset. South west.
Myself and my mum orders 2 the same day. Both black and black wheels with mine having the red bits. Flair 110 they couldn't find even just a plain black one in the country so unfortunately had to have a factory order. We were never told 12 weeks from order and plus they didn't start building them till 1st week in march. Apparently they sail from Madrid to France, then France to Scarborough then for me to bristol doc by transporter then finally to my dealership. Surely they can phone to see when they will deliver. It can't be that bloody hard considering it's in the country. Hope u get ur update soon

·
Registered
472 Posts
Madrid is smack in the middle of Spain so no 'sailing' there buddy. Pretty sure there is no docking facilities in Scarborough either, just a few fishing vessels. Most or possibly all (I may be wrong) are put on train transporters from factory to the French coast. Sheerness is the nearest port to off load them to go wherever. As you're in Taunton I'd have thought Bristol could even be another port they might use but obviously further to go. ;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
I know mine is being stored at Southampton. I assume that was the place it was shipped to.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've just received a notification to let me know my Cactus will be ready for collection mid-April ......finally! I won't be picking up until the end of the month though due to my busy work schedule. What's another 4 weeks of waiting....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well. I'm finally picking up my new baby on friday lunch time. It was the longest 11 weeks of my life.
Cactus flair 110 black obsidian black. Black bumps with red bits and black wheels.
Can't wait. I'm like a kid at Xmas. Counting down the hours. Will post a pick at the weekend

·
Registered
348 Posts
See if they will fit proper mudflaps, airbump floor and boot mats and any other things you can think of as a goodwill gesture.

Ours took four months..honest, it's worth the wait .......................

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
METE78 said:
Well. I'm finally picking up my new baby on friday lunch time. It was the longest 11 weeks of my life.
Cactus flair 110 black obsidian black. Black bumps with red bits and black wheels.
Can't wait. I'm like a kid at Xmas. Counting down the hours. Will post a pick at the weekend
Same spec as mine....don't forget the Cactus wave if we cross paths!

Enjoy....I'm not jealous.....much! :lol:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts