Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered my first new car! A 1.2 Feel with a few extras, in fact so many it's nearly a Flair but going all the way wasn't worth nearly another grand to me. Can't wait for delivery - 10-12 weeks apparently but never mind.

I see that Citroen are now offering sunblinds as an accessory for the Panoramic roof so might get some of them depending how the sun is with it. They seem pretty reasonable at £50. Has anyone got the mudflaps, any good?

Here's what it should look like...

Attachments

G

·
Welcome to the forum.

I've seen that colour combination on the road and it looked terrific.

I think you'll find the sun-blinds are for the rear side windows, except the Flair which are tinted. You certainly won't need anything for the Panoramic sunroof as it has a filter built in and it's fine, I've never got too hot but hey it's not summer yet.

I have the mud flaps. I was a bit dubious as the pictures in the brochure and on line don't do them justice, but they are contoured and really suit the car.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Keith, how do you find the ETG to drive?

The Sunblinds are strange, they explicitly say for Panoramic Sunroof in capitals then underneath they say side and rear windows, have a look on the configurator sometime, they def weren't there a couple of months ago I'm sure.

I've been told early September for delivery, plenty of time to sell the old car then. I was looking at a new MINI but it was a bit boring to drive, the Cactus was more interesting!

G

·
Regarding the ETG, I find sometimes when pulling away from stationary either forward or reverse I get a lot of feedback from the steering. It is hard to explain its not judder as no one else notices it. If I pull away very slowly it is less noticeable (not that I pull away quickly to start with) or even there at all. I think I need just to get used to it.

As for driving with the ETG it is absolutely brilliant. I read a lot of reviews before I purchased mine (although that was for the ETG6 box in the diesels) that it was very jerky. I took a petrol one for a drive and found it fine. I haven't been disappointed it is really smooth. I was told by the salesman that it does adapt to your driving style. On most occasions you don't even notice it has changed gear. I do find sometimes it is a bit slow to change down for my liking so do it manually via the paddles but that isn't very often. I have no regrets at all getting the ETG.

The other reservation I had was the power. Again I have not been disappointed, I find it nippier than my old C4 1.6 manual that had much more BHP but was a lot heavier.

I see what you mean about the blinds. In the accessory brochure it describes it correctly. I have downloaded a picture so you can see what they are like.

I hope this all helps. I don't think you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
1st post :) thats the same colour scheme i've ordered, but I went with the BlueHDI Flair with black leather and 17" black alloys :) im nearly 4 weeks into my 12 week countdown..... only 55 days to go till xmas :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts