Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a pearl white Flair hdi with black air bumps and black 17 alloys . Also ordered the car with michelin cross climate tyres. I have had 3 C4s prior to this and I really fancied change. Here goes ! The car is due next Wednesday

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Cactus has arrived. It is a revelation after the C4 I had before. From first impressions it is a more lithe and agile car . The C4 was very refined and quiet ,albeit slightly inert. No split seat but usb in glove box and juke box function present. Space saver wheel also fitted as standard. The front seats seem far superior to those in the C4 although I did have a base model C4. Mixed reactions from friends and family with very polarised opinions on looks, but I suppose that is to be expected. There is an irksome small vibration or rattle when the car is at idle ( sounds like a piece of trim that has come adrift ) but I am sure we will get to the bottom of it.I think the 17 wheels look great but I feel 16 rims might compliment the loping ride quality of the car better. Overall I am very satisfied and the dealer experience was excellent. My wife who drive a Multispace feels it's a bit small inside !

Well done on the forum. It is really helpful and interesting

·
Registered
735 Posts
Concactulations ;)
The rattle may be the loose middle seat belt male bit knocking on the fixed other female bit? :(

·
Registered
348 Posts
Am I reading this right/ Just a week or so from order to delivery? Presume it was a 'stock' (i.e. cancelled order) car rather than one built to order? Mine took four months which seems the norm.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I asked the dealer to source a cactus in black, shark grey or white. He sourced the white model from the distributor/dealer network. The car arrived as I described above. It could be cancelled order but I did not ask . The tyres swap I have organised myself. I was informed that there would be a significant delay if a specific colour /specification was required . I ordered the pearl white model as it was available. The car came with black /silver alloys and not black which I believed at first.. Not a real issue though

·
Registered
40 Posts
My cactus will take 10 weeks from order to delivery. The Netherlands is the biggest market for it though and I did order a specific trim level and color. It should be on the production line now being delivered in week 17 or 18.

·
Registered
262 Posts
We really were very lucky, popped into a Citroen dealership on Feb. 27th to have a look, arranged pickup of a 24 hour test drive for 5th March prior to which I had emailed the sales man with spec, colour and options (Flair city park pack). Were expecting to spend some time when we returned the test car going through options and availability. The sales man greeted us with a huge smile, said that he had searched the network and had good news, the car in the showroom next but one to his desk was an exact match, we had a look and signed on the spot. As I was away the following week we did not collect until 12th March. As I've been away during the week not much chance to drive but have clocked up 130 miles, all urban, MyCitroen App working perfectly showing 40 mpg. Will have some long motorway / A road driving end of April and really looking forwards to seeing how that goes. So far love the car and really was impressed by our first try with the park assist earlier today.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
R380 said:
The Cactus has arrived. It is a revelation after the C4 I had before. From first impressions it is a more lithe and agile car . The C4 was very refined and quiet ,albeit slightly inert. No split seat but usb in glove box and juke box function present. Space saver wheel also fitted as standard. The front seats seem far superior to those in the C4 although I did have a base model C4. Mixed reactions from friends and family with very polarised opinions on looks, but I suppose that is to be expected. There is an irksome small vibration or rattle when the car is at idle ( sounds like a piece of trim that has come adrift ) but I am sure we will get to the bottom of it.I think the 17 wheels look great but I feel 16 rims might compliment the loping ride quality of the car better. Overall I am very satisfied and the dealer experience was excellent. My wife who drive a Multispace feels it's a bit small inside !

Well done on the forum. It is really helpful and interesting
Nice one enjoy it :D

I have seen a few white ones around and they do look really nice in white

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1000 km up on the Cactus and no real issues. Some observations though : There is margin of road noise that can be distracting yet the nuisance factor is offset by the comfortable ride. 5th gear seems optimised for fuel economy and cruising. I have noticed the need to drop to 4th more often than I would have expected to overtake or accelerate. If there is one word to describe the essence of the car, it is nimble. The rolling ride and compact dimensions inspire confidence in urban setting when manoeuvrability is critical. I also suspect that the air bump panels, side sills and other trim will need frequent but gentle washing as a build up of ingrained dirt and grime may degrade the finish and/or make cleaning very onerous.

I have accrued the mileage over a variety of rural roads in the city and on motorway and the car performs really well. Finally, I would agree with the many reviewers who suggested that a cactus elicits a calmer ,less frenetic driving style.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Cactus4us said:
Concactulations ;)
The rattle may be the loose middle seat belt male bit knocking on the fixed other female bit? :(
That is very true I had that rattle the other day after having a rear passenger. It was driving me mad until my wife saw the cause and sorted it.....phew!!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
R380 said:
1000 km up on the Cactus and no real issues. Some observations though : There is margin of road noise that can be distracting yet the nuisance factor is offset by the comfortable ride. 5th gear seems optimised for fuel economy and cruising. I have noticed the need to drop to 4th more often than I would have expected to overtake or accelerate. If there is one word to describe the essence of the car, it is nimble. The rolling ride and compact dimensions inspire confidence in urban setting when manoeuvrability is critical. I also suspect that the air bump panels, side sills and other trim will need frequent but gentle washing as a build up of ingrained dirt and grime may degrade the finish and/or make cleaning very onerous.

I have accrued the mileage over a variety of rural roads in the city and on motorway and the car performs really well. Finally, I would agree with the many reviewers who suggested that a cactus elicits a calmer ,less frenetic driving style.
What engine have you gone for ?. Our 110 will still go like sh*t of a shovel in 5th even doing 65 there's no need to change down for overtaking. So I'm wondering what you've got.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts