Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Citroën C4 Cactus Rip Curl Special Edition to be unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show. A unique and fun crossover, this special edition C4 Cactus introduces Grip Control for improved traction, along with new styling elements that emphasise its outdoor character.

Sky Vehicle Car Wheel Tire

A new type of crossover designed to shake up the sector, the C4 Cactus is continuing to expand its range with the World Premiere of a new special edition at the Geneva Motor Show. The Citroën C4 Cactus Rip Curl is born from the collaboration between Citroën and Rip Curl, the legendary brand from the world of surfing.

Through the association with Rip Curl - whose name alone has symbolised surfing since 1969 - Citroën is boosting the outdoor spirit of C4 Cactus through the introduction of an even more radical and adventurous version.

Citroën is providing C4 Cactus fans with a special edition that is more technologically advanced, with a higher level of all-road performance. This car is ideal for lifestyles focused on leisure and well-being. This philosophy is totally in tune with Rip Curl, a brand founded in Torquay, Australia, only a few hours' drive from the mythical Cactus Bay surfing hotspot.

Sharing values such as innovation and creativity, both brands also share a taste for adventure. Rip Curl calls this "The Search", meaning the search for the perfect wave. Now, the C4 Cactus Rip Curl encourages drivers to hit the road anytime, anywhere. The partnership is perfectly aligned and compliments the launch of Grip Control in the C4 Cactus range.

More info: http://www.everythingautos.co.uk/news/new-citroen-c4-cactus-rip-curl/

Attachments

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Mb78 said:
From £25k ! Jeez! they must be paying alot for the Name!
Now see they will spoil it if they charge to much...it'll go against the whole 'affordable car' theme the cactus has

But the off road part sounds interesting

·
Registered
735 Posts
Wondered what they were going to do with this inside bump :(

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
Been surfing the net and discovered this:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Cactus4us said:
Been surfing the net and discovered this:
Interesting thanks but not sure if that was to encourage me to surf or buy the car...... watch again........... Yep surf it is :?

·
Registered
80 Posts
So It's essentially a flair, with diffusers, and a fancy traction control. 25k seems a bit steep. Granted, I'd be curious to see how the grip program works, but from what I hear and have heard from brother when he had his berlingo xtr with grip control, it's not that bad, but neither is it something you can't live without.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Decepticus said:
So It's essentially a flair, with diffusers, and a fancy traction control. 25k seems a bit steep. Granted, I'd be curious to see how the grip program works, but from what I hear and have heard from brother when he had his berlingo xtr with grip control, it's not that bad, but neither is it something you can't live without.
This^

My first thought was that it was the ESP system off the C3 XTR...but I think its the Bosch system fitted to the 3008...

The aim of the system is to optimise the traction of both front wheels by means of an improved traction control (developed and patented by Bosch), incorporated within the ECU of the ESP. Five modes are available to the driver and are accessible via a dedicated control on the centre
console.

1 - Standard mode, where the ESP is calibrated for a low level of wheel slip based on different grip levels normally experienced on roads.

2 - Snow mode adapts its strategy to provide the best grip conditions for each of the front wheels when the car is pulling away. As the car gains speed, the system optimises traction control to guarantee the best possible acceleration according to the existing grip conditions. It returns to Standard mode when a speed in excess of 50 km/h is detected.

3 - All-terrain mode (mud, dirt track, wet grass, etc) allows a high level of slip on the least stable wheel when puling away to encourage the elimination of mud and improve grip. At the same time, the wheel with the strongest grip level is given as much torque as possible. The torque offset between the front wheels can be as much as 100%, well above the limits set for a limited slip differential (LSD). As the car gains speed, the system optimises wheel slip to give the driver the best possible control over the car. This mode is active up to a speed of 80 km/h.

4 - Sand mode allows slight wheel slip on both drive wheels simultaneously, to allow the vehicle to make headway and reduce the risk of getting stuck in the sand. Here too, the effect created by this mode is superior to that of a LSD system. In this mode, Standard mode is reconnected automatically above a speed of 120 km/h.

5 - ESP Off mode allows the possibility of disconnecting the dynamic stability control (ESP) and Grip Control up to a speed of 50 km/h, giving full control back to the driver. Above this speed, ''ESP Standard'' mode is reconnected automatically.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts