Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have been browsing the forum and thought Id register so I could ask a few questions myself.

My wife & I just visited the local dealer and bought a Cactus. It was a pre-built model so the wait is only like 2 to 3 weeks :)

Jelly Red Cactus Flair with the Glass roof, black bumpers & Puretech 110 S&S engine. I also paid extra for the inside and outside protection treatment.

Seriously cant wait...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Congratulations.

We are loving ours.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Concactulations ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Congratulations the growing number of Cactus Fans.

I have only had mine since last Monday and enjoying it. I have a Flair Edition 1.6 Blue HDI Diesel .Arctic Steel with Black Airbumps

I had admire this car since it was introduced .

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
deeppurple said:
Adrian said:
I also paid extra for the inside and outside protection treatment.

Seriously cant wait...
By the way, what's this 'protection treatment'?
Yes its called 'Gardx Protection' https://www.gardx.co.uk/index.php?page=other&parent=56&pid=1

Its like a wax but involves nano technology and actually etches 4 layers of itself into the exterior paintwork before being lacquered over so even a dust storm created by one of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse should leave me with a high gloss finish. I saw it on a car outside the showroom after it had been raining and the water was just running off it plus its harder for dirt to stick to it. On the fabric inside it acts like a waxy coating of the fibres so any spillages will be easier to clean off or just run off. Apparently it all feels like natural fabric though.

Anyway the extra over for this was just under £250

·
Registered
265 Posts
Adrian said:
deeppurple said:
Adrian said:
I also paid extra for the inside and outside protection treatment.

Seriously cant wait...
By the way, what's this 'protection treatment'?
Yes its called 'Gardx Protection' https://www.gardx.co.uk/index.php?page=other&parent=56&pid=1

Its like a wax but involves nano technology and actually etches 4 layers of itself into the exterior paintwork before being lacquered over so even a dust storm created by one of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse should leave me with a high gloss finish. I saw it on a car outside the showroom after it had been raining and the water was just running off it plus its harder for dirt to stick to it. On the fabric inside it acts like a waxy coating of the fibres so any spillages will be easier to clean off or just run off. Apparently it all feels like natural fabric though.

Anyway the extra over for this was just under £250
Sounds great. Thanks for your answer. Adrian

·
Registered
262 Posts
We were not offered that but as usual got the car home and gave it a good coating of Auto Glym's High Definition wax and will repeat that treatment a few times over the coming months. Bodywork only, the same manufacturer's Bumper and Trim Gel went on the Airbumps.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congratulations on a fine choice of car! Jelly red looks like a great colour, not seen one for real yet. I've had my Blue Lagoon Cactus for just over a week now and I'm so happy with it. It's a great car, fun to drive and looks so cool. I have noticed it turns a few heads as I drive by! Like you I always loved the design of the car since it was launched. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new purchase!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just got the "go date" - this Saturday at 10.15am...WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!

Mind you it'll be a bit of pollava to get to the dealers; bus to train station, train to Wokingham, fold up bike to dealers lol.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Adrian said:
Just got the "go date" - this Saturday at 10.15am...WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!

Mind you it'll be a bit of pollava to get to the dealers; bus to train station, train to Wokingham, fold up bike to dealers lol.
The last time I bought a Citroën ( BX 17 RD) from that dealer he drove it to my house in Bracknell and went back in the trade in :D

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SO I couldn't wait and drove past the dealership yesterday on the way home...and saw the car. Well I saw the front of it, that's all. Its more of a burgundy colour I guess. I then turned around and drove back the other way, holding my mobile phone camera up pointing over my left shoulder as I went past to get some snaps of it for the wife to see.

On review of the evidence, I have several great shots of my passenger seat head rest. Oh well not long now. Hours really. Might go to bed at 7.30pm tonight :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts