Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening to all fellow 'Cactuses'

I have just purchased a nearly new Cactus with the 1.2 petrol engine. It needs a bit of work to get it back on the road and I'm looking for some parts and advice please.

I have yet to start to strip out the damaged bits so I would appreciate a guide as to the correct procedure. I am a confident amateur and have repaired many cars with varying degrees of damages. This particular car is for my wife to use and not to sell on for any kind of profit.

Ok, the damage is to the rear tailgate and I am happy with how to sort that out. The front seat belts will need replacing, and I have been advised that the new belts need the ECU to go with them. I expect the pre-tensioners will need replacing too so i expect this to come as a kit. I know that the disconnection/removal of the battery is important before any attempt is made to remove and usually allow a good half hour too.

So, how do i get the trims off to access the belts?

Also I will probably need to remove the headlining to gain access to the rear wiring harness because I will need to replace the tailgate.

Ok, as for the parts. I have contacted my local main dealer and know the cost of new bits. I am hoping to source salvage parts in the correct colour.

Mine is the Grey and Cream 2 tone. I need the tailgate, rear offside light, Front seatbelts and clasps with the ECU,

Although the car had the emergency tyre inflation kit I really would prefer either a full size wheel/tyre or a suitable half size version.

Any help and advice will be most appreciated.

I used to own a 96 ZX tdi which was a really great car, and many years before that a Visa, and many many years before that a Citroen GS......Now that was a fantastic car way ahead of its time.

Cheers. Bob Ewens.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Wow sounds like you've got some work ahead of you! :)

I can't comment on most of your post but would say that as it's the petrol version you should be able to get a full sized wire wheel in the wheel well. We have the diesel so it only fits a space saver.

·
Registered
735 Posts
As a previous GS, BX, Xsara owner I can only give moral support ;)
Before and after photos would be interesting :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply. If I do get a chance I will try to do the photo sequence cos it does help a lot for others.

Cheers. Bob.

·
Registered
626 Posts
rossgorooster said:
Good evening to all fellow 'Cactuses'
So, how do i get the trims off to access the belts?
The panels clip on. Euro Car Parts and/ or MOSS Europe currently have a set of trim removal tools on SALE. These are various shapes sizes and profiles for getting in behind the panels without pinching the plastic. The procedure without looking at the car I wouldn't know. From memory the panel holding the belt in the upper loop on the B pillar will probably be first. The lower B trim panel second which will probably extend into the front door sill and slot into the rear door sill via a tongue. ThE rear sill panel might have to be revleaved to get the B panel out if you want to go that far. Buy yourself loads of plastic trim clips as they WILL break on removal.

rossgorooster said:
Also I will probably need to remove the headlining to gain access to the rear wiring harness because I will need to replace the tailgate.
There is a high probability that the lining is bonded in place. It is/was on the C4 3/5 door and Picassos. Refitting won't be the same as removal!...it will be destroyed, or damaged at least through removal. A new headlining panel for a C4 in 2013 was £350 + VAT....I strongly advise keeping it in place as refitting one is a NIGHTMARE ;)

The rear harness will extend and terminate inside the tail gate therefore there should be no need to get access to the loom unless the tailgate has been removed completely and pulled/damaged the wires? If it has I would try and leave the loom as is and try and keep your electrical terminations within easy access inside the hatch lid behind the interior trim panel. I have been unlucky and bought numerous cars which have suffered from wires pinching and breaking inside the body to hatch lid grommet. Now is a good time to reinforce your wiring just on the off chance it happens to the Cactus!

rossgorooster said:
Mine is the Grey and Cream 2 tone.
Not one of the most common colour combinations...not to say there are none (I like the colour SWMBO does not), but finding one in salvage may be difficult.

rossgorooster said:
Front seatbelts and clasps with the ECU,
I don't think there is a separate ECU for the belts? In the past IIRC hese are controlled by the BSI unit which may/will need to be reset.

rossgorooster said:
Although the car had the emergency tyre inflation kit I really would prefer either a full size wheel/tyre or a suitable half size version.
Try http://www.mytyres.co.uk - single full size steel tyres/wheels sent to your door.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts