Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed as I locked my car that the mileage on the dash is still illuminated. Is this correct? I suspect it is but thought best ot check.

Also, I left a memory stick in the USB port and it was still lit (its one of those with a light inside so it glows) so I waited to see if it was capacitive charge and it would go off but it didn't so I figured best to unplug it. A bit odd that the supply doesn't switch off. I guess its only a trickle of amps.

Having trouble with the audio side of things and I need to really get some time to concentrate on it and try things, but when I collected the car the dealer connected my Android phone and I saw the contacts list displayed although bluetooth streamed music refused to play (Spotify & Amazon Music). It shows it playing on the phone, and the current song appears in the tablet display but no sound.

I then tried using the 3.5mm audio jack in the glovebox to the Android phone but the Cactus display didn't even register a connection.

·
Registered
348 Posts
We have intermittent issues with the bluetooth playing music (wife's iPhone 5). Some days it works, other days not. Also had an issue with the cable connection but didn't try too hard - might have been a dodgy cable.

What I can answer is the USB socket issue as I noticed when I was charging my Android phone that it carried on charging for some minutes after switching off. Great, I thought, a perm live useful for charging devices overnight) But after a number of minutes the charging stopped so presume it times out or, as you say, a capacitive charge.

·
Registered
265 Posts
You can control the music volume you stream when you connect the bluetooth. Maybe the volume in your phone is off.
And yes, it shows the mileage for some seconds then it turns it off, just like when you unlock the doors.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. As I say, little time atm for me to fiddle properly. However I also found that even if the song is on my phone (not streamed) then it wont play audio through the car either. The play bar moves along on the phone but stays stationary on the car display which makes me think its not connecting, but the display shows the song on it, and if I skip it shows the next one straight away.

I tried what Bewar3them00n suggested this morning and plugged the Android phone in via the USB. The car didn't like that and the tablet went off for a few seconds and then reset...thankfully. Wont try that again!

Also checked the volume on both the phone and the tablet and its well cranked up. If it ever plays the windows may blow out!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi with regard to your phone not playing music via blutooth, I think I'm right in saying that somewhere in the phone options menu there is one to select phone only, phone and musc streaming. It might be the dealer only set it on phone???.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Adrian said:
I just noticed as I locked my car that the mileage on the dash is still illuminated. Is this correct? I suspect it is but thought best ot check.
Yes...if you lock the car in the dark you will notice that the dash back lighting shuts down in "modules". IIRC one of the back lights to one of the switches down by the ignition stays illuminated for some time after locking.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I managed to sort out the audio not streaming from my phone via Bluetooth. Eventually I resorted to using the "restore factory settings" menu and straight after that it worked. I was also pleased to see it hadn't reset the phone connection or the radio stations I had programmed in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi cactusses.....

Ok, just rebuilt my wife's car after a rear end oops......now on the road and a lovely car to drive.
Big niggle is the lack of a rev counter......old fashioned I may be but judging the gear ratios in a very quiet car which is highly geared will take some getting used to and making sure not to over rev is very important. I would be interested in knowing if anyone has fitted a supplementary instrument.
Also, the owners handbook goes to great lengths to tell us about checking tyre pressures and resetting the data display each time....but no where in the book does it actually tell us what the preszures should be!! Fundamental info really. I had to find out from the Google box. 34PSi all round for the 205x55x16 tyres for normal use.....add the rears to 37 if carrying a full load. I don't do the BAR bollocks cos as I said before....I'm old fashioned.
Cherrs. Bob Ewens.

·
Registered
266 Posts
rossgorooster said:
Hi cactusses.....

Ok, just rebuilt my wife's car after a rear end oops......now on the road and a lovely car to drive.
Big niggle is the lack of a rev counter......old fashioned I may be but judging the gear ratios in a very quiet car which is highly geared will take some getting used to and making sure not to over rev is very important. I would be interested in knowing if anyone has fitted a supplementary instrument.
Also, the owners handbook goes to great lengths to tell us about checking tyre pressures and resetting the data display each time....but no where in the book does it actually tell us what the preszures should be!! Fundamental info really. I had to find out from the Google box. 34PSi all round for the 205x55x16 tyres for normal use.....add the rears to 37 if carrying a full load. I don't do the BAR bollocks cos as I said before....I'm old fashioned.
Cherrs. Bob Ewens.
Tyre pressures for your car and the specific tyre fitted are shown on the driver's door pillar... Most tyre pressure gauges are marked in Bar as well as Psi :D You can always use the web to convert pressures from one to another... :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts