Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there just got a nice shiny new factory build flair 1.2 82 PureTech manual got home theres no usb in glove box and no jukebox,
told by dealer they have pulled this from new flairs from 1st oct 15

Can any help clear things up there still on citroens configurator
Thanks

·
Registered
383 Posts
Your dealer is correct - Citroen spend too much time messing around with specifications which on factory order cars means there can often be a couple of generations of change between order and delivery. C4 Picasso owners suffer the same issue on Exclusive+ models with radar cruise 'disappearing' to an options pack and Exclusive models losing the rear parking camera but gaining front sensors (amongst a myriad of other minor changes)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I hope this is not the case as the dealer has not informed us of any changes to the spec list.

Sad to say if ours doesn't turn up with the spec it was ordered with then I won't be accepting the vehicle until the items are fitted.

It was ordered with those items then it should have them fitted, otherwise it's a miss selling issue.

G

·
I'm sure in the small print they will have a get-out clause i.e. specification subject to change. As an example in the early specifications for the Flair interior mood lighting was in the specs but it never had been available.

When brought up with Citroen many of us were quoted the get out clause. :x

·
Registered
73 Posts
Would have rather they kept the glovebox one and got rid of the one under the screen.

At least with the glove box one something like an ipod is hidden.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i got my flair yesterday too and was disappointed I couldn't find the second USB. Just an aux socket in the glovebox. The manual still explains how you can plug in two different USB devices

·
Registered
266 Posts
Someone ought to take Citroen to task over this... Trading Standards?I ordered on the basis of disc brakes, which I didn't get, no mood lighting and various other bits and bobs. There should be some law to ensure you get what you order.

G

·
Dadioglasgow said:
Someone ought to take Citroen to task over this... Trading Standards?I ordered on the basis of disc brakes, which I didn't get, no mood lighting and various other bits and bobs. There should be some law to ensure you get what you order.
As I said in my previouse post this is in Citroens TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Whilst every endeavour has been made to ensure product specifications and prices are correct, we reserve the right to modify our vehicles' prices, specifications (including colour), equipment, accessories and characteristics or to discontinue any model, without notice, at any time.
This is what was quoted to me when I complained about no mood lighting. I know some people ordered the original ETG6 diesel months ago before the latest was recently added only to find it was discontinued after placing the order.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Even with that clause they should at least finish an order run before changing it.

If the car was ordered prior to XXX date then it will come with that spec but any orders after XXX date will have this new spec.

G

·
I agree, they are really a law unto themselves. In my case Mood Lighting in the Flair although in my brochure never ever existed. Even my salesman never new that. :evil:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Perhaps the Unfair terms in Consumer Contracts regulations 1999 could be brought to bear here... Oh sorry, we didn't have a Cactus available, but here is an old 2CV we found in storage... OK, an exaggeration - I hope :) but if you purchase a car on special order based on the specifications current at the time, I think you are entitled to expect that to be honoured.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Dadioglasgow said:
Perhaps the Unfair terms in Consumer Contracts regulations 1999 could be brought to bear here... Oh sorry, we didn't have a Cactus available, but here is an old 2CV we found in storage... OK, an exaggeration - I hope :) but if you purchase a car on special order based on the specifications current at the time, I think you are entitled to expect that to be honoured.
Couldn't agree with you more, when does (changing spec) and trade descriptions merge ?. I did manage a free service out of them by way of an apology but...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Spoke to the dealership today about this and he said that it should not effect a car that has already been ordered, but as my car is on the back of a transporter somewhere in Europe we wont know till it turns up.

On the plus side it should be here first week of January :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
lazyboy said:
I looked in the latest cactus
brochure. The 2nd usb and juke box are no longer listed.

Interestingly If you look in the price list brochure that covers all of the Citroen models, under the Cactus section it says you now get 5 years of free map updates instead.

http://info.citroen.co.uk/Assets/pdf/new-cars/price-list/brochure.pdf
Mine is due to be delivered in the new year after a four month wait. It will be interesting to see if I have the usb and the juke box. Where exactly does it show 5 year map updates?

·
Registered
133 Posts
lazyboy said:
Page 20. where it details the option packs.
So it does! That's good but can you imagine the first time you ask your dealer for a free map update! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts