Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a new car, and have been going over the internet shortlisting cars. Now I am down to two cars. The C4 and the kia soul. I am going through the carwow website to find a bargain, I want to know if the cactus is fine for short people to drive. Is there an easy set up for the driver seat. Do you seat high up in the car?

·
Registered
211 Posts
The drivers seat is quite adjustable, I recommend test driving the Cactus to see for yourself how good the Cactus is.
Just to let you know, I bought my Cactus from Motorpoint 6 months old Flair for £11k

·
Registered
735 Posts
MaroonBells said:
I am 5'5" and don't have a problem, you can jack the seat up fairly high.
5'5" also and have seat at max no problem :)
Cactus has more soul than the Kia ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
l traded in my Kia Soul for the Cactus.both had the 1.6 diesel, I averaged high 40's mpg in the Kia and high 50's in the Cactus.Comfort level is better in the Cactus and for shorter drivers is fine. We also have a lot more space in the rear for the dog as the Kia was very limited.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just seen a Kia Soul in the car park, can't hold a candle to the Cactus for looks, if you want a box on wheels, get the Soul!
If you want style, practicality, a decent boot, and good fuel economy, you know where to go!
For the record, I only passed my test at the start of March, at the weekend I drove about 550miles, up and down the M1 and around the Peak District, 2 adults, 2 young children, a boot full, and the Cactus was a joy to drive.

·
Registered
36 Posts
citrusen said:
I want to buy a new car, and have been going over the internet shortlisting cars. Now I am down to two cars. The C4 and the kia soul. I am going through the carwow website to find a bargain, I want to know if the cactus is fine for short people to drive. Is there an easy set up for the driver seat. Do you seat high up in the car?
I am short and driving this car is great. The driver's seat has height adjustment and seats can be pulled forward quite a bit plus the steering wheel can move to lower setting. You could add a flat cushion if you like a lot of height.
The passenger seat is lowish (might need a cushion) and the back seats do not have much leg room if you are bigger/taller. Great for young family, kids in the back, no problem. However, it is spacious compared to other cars the same size.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The only problem with cactus is that the pedals are too far towards the seat meaning that for some, when the seat is set for the right leg comfort, the wheel and gearstick are too far away, on my test drive I had to lean forward ever so slightly to reach 1st which was so annoying and the wheel was in my fingers, not my hands. I loved car though so got an etg version. Im average height. It may be good if you're short.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Like Daley I traded a Kia Soul 1600 diesel in for a 110 petrol .I get more mpg with the Cactus road tax is cheaper the car is more practical and more comfortable and although the Kia had a 7 year warranty the dealer's here in Sheffield were useless

1 - 9 of 9 Posts