Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so a colleague of mine brought me OBD diagnostic tool so I can check what the actual rpm's on cactus are - however, I am struggling to find OBD port
in one of the topics I read it should be present under the glove box but was not able to find it.. nor under the steering wheel
anyone is able to guide me, please?

·
Registered
62 Posts
On the right hand drive version of the cactus, the OBD port is behind the panel directly below the glove box. It's a bit of a faff! To remove the panel as the clips are tight and fragile at the same time. Also not a lot of room . l fitted an extension lead so I can plug in when ever I want a virtual dash on my nexus 7. Hope this helps. By the way, in my 110 petrol I was doing about 3200rpm at 70mph.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the reply.. I have a left hand drive version but I strongly believe OBD should be present under the glove box as well
however, I looked under the glove box already without any luck.. there is kind of a carpet cover with the clips as you are describing.. did not remove it completely, however was able to put it aside a little bit and used phone led to look around.. would it be possible for you to try to take a pic somehow so I have better understanding where should I be looking for it at, please?
going to garage again now to have another look tho..will try to get a pic myself as well
thank you

edit: no luck but.. speaking about the cover under the glove box.. do you mean the one made out of hard plastic.?
I removed the carpet like cover only so far.. no idea how the plastic one can be removed if even possible Vehicle Grey Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh great! thank you!
however, not really sure how to remove the cover without making it crack.. any hints?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought the app DashCmd for my iphone. I can read out and delete error codes and I can have virtual instruments, showing water temperature, RPM and other things this car dont show you normally. Then if you do have problems, you can read out all values in the computer. You can see the throttle position, if a cylinder is taking in false air and trying to compensate with more fuel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts