Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...not the ones under the patio, but there are a couple of oddities on the Cactus exterior that puzzle me.

1. that little bumpy bit on the outer rim of the rear wheel arches - what's the reason for that?

2. underneath the drivers door mirror there's a "pimple" sticking down. I figure it might be a sensor but its a strange place for one. Ideas?

G

·
1. When I asked the dealer about bump on the rear wheel arch hes said it was to do with airflow but didn't know what.

2. The dimple on the door mirror is the sensor for the outside temperature.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Adrian said:
...not the ones under the patio, but there are a couple of oddities on the Cactus exterior that puzzle me.

1. that little bumpy bit on the outer rim of the rear wheel arches - what's the reason for that?

2. underneath the drivers door mirror there's a "pimple" sticking down. I figure it might be a sensor but its a strange place for one. Ideas?
Yeah the wheel arch bump, that question cropped up probably 16 months or so ago. I don't believe anyone found out, maybe someone fancies ripping off their arch to have a look whats underneath and enlighten the curious. :lol: As for the pimple I reckon it will be the outside temp sensor, its got to go somewhere away from the engine.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Adrian said:

1. I made me the same question when I bought mine. Now I don't look at it anymore :D
2. all citroen and peugeot use the same sensor at the same place.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Adrian said:
Most modern cars have some sort of protruberance behind the rear wheels, whether it's moulded into the wheel arch or part of the wheel arch liner. My Jag XKR has a plastic lip each side poking out. It's either for airflow or to ensure the wheel arch sticks out far enough over the tyre to meet regulations, I reckon. Don't know for sure though.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good answers. I figured the mirror one was a temp sensor but wasn't sure as ID have expected it to be located outside of the airflow.

·
Registered
626 Posts
SiliconS said:
Adrian said:
Most modern cars have some sort of protruberance behind the rear wheels,
^This...its an aerodynamic aid.

If you look at some of the current Civics you will notice that there was a mod mid way through the production run. Some cars have a body coloured strip attached to the body panel of the car between the rear lights and the top of the wheel arch (and looks naff), later vehicles the mod is incorporated into the rear light cluster.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all
I am told that these odd sticky out bits are supposed to disrupt the airflow to stop the spray from the back wheels hitting the back window when on wet roads

·
Registered
6 Posts
1- It is to redirect spray from dirty, wet roads from the tail lamp cluster.

2- The nipple on the mirror is for the outside temp sensor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts