Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

New to the forums and just wanted to introduce myself.

I have just ordered myself a Feel in Deep purple (with purple highlight pack for the interior ofc) and was quoted 6-8 weeks (super excited)

I will admit that this is actually my first car and so comparisons are something I cant do.

I passed my test recently but a bit later in life than most people (mid20s) and felt that nippy corsas and other typical "firs cars" would be impractical for my work as I have an environmental role and have a lot of rural driving so had looked for something bigger as well as something that will do me for years to come with that much needed low level of emissions.

I saw the cactus and test drove it and i was in love!

I have heard bad things about the gear box and the long wait times so I am concerned about that

Any guidance on the car would be greatly appreciated as well as top tips RE: new cars in general :mrgreen:

Mandy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Mandy,

Welcome, there has been a discussion about the electronic gearbox in the introductions post "Hi another cactus groupie here", which should, I hope allay some of your worries about the gearbox issue.

I would like to point out, that I have no connection with Citroen, or any Dealerships in anyway, other than being a happy customer.

As far as the lead times go, I ordered mine, a fully spec'd Flair, on the 19th November and it has left the factory, so hope to get it by the end of January; about 9 weeks. Going by some of the posts on here, it seems to vary depending on the complexity of the model ordered and the area you live in.

Regarding new cars in general, I have visited a lot of car manufacturers websites and used their 'configure your car' section to build a car of similar size and specification to my Cactus. Some of them just didn't offer all the features I'm getting and some were fairly close to being equal but, the price in almost every case was a significant amount higher, often several thousand pounds more. I came to the conclusion that the Cactus is amazing value for money and 'different' to the run-of-the-mill offerings and hence ordered one straight away.

I hope this helps with your decision, happy car buying.

Chris.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.