Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the drivers door mirror knocked off my pride and joy. I don't think there is any damage to paintwork. But it's dark out so I can't see properly. The lady who did it came knocking on the door to let me know. :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Painful. But the person was honest and stepped up to the plate so good on her for doing that. I hope you get it fixed quickly and your pride and joy is back to impeccable condition!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spikey said:
Painful. But the person was honest and stepped up to the plate so good on her for doing that. I hope you get it fixed quickly and your pride and joy is back to impeccable condition!
Me too. Though I am concerned that that have to remove the interior door trim. Will they get it back on like the factory?

·
Registered
48 Posts
They are able to. But you may have to be a bit pushy :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
The only piece they should have to remove is the small triangular sort of shape plastic piece on the interior side opposite the mirror, this should pop on and off easily.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JohnC said:
The only piece they should have to remove is the small triangular sort of shape plastic piece on the interior side opposite the mirror, this should pop on and off easily.
That's comforting. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Yeah the garage I got my cactus from took mine off to paint red and they look as good as new back on the car so cannot be to hard to replace

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just make sure they quote you for the work before beginning... A young lad reversed into my Cactus in a car park and slightly damaged the lower (black) section of the bumper. I took it to the Citroen dealer for a quote and explained that the damage was being paid for by this lad and not insurance. They quoted £834 to fix the damage. I took it to 3 other bodyshops, all of whom quoted around £175 - all that needed replacing was the lower bumper insert, which basically clips in. Moral - get more than one quote. I wonder how much insurance premiums are inflated by gross overcharging for repairs :-(

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update.
This is still not settled from November.
I was recommended a repairer by Evan Halshaw, the dealer I bought the car from. The repairer said that he would deal with the insurance company, and I didn't need to do anything. I got a call from a company who said they would act on my behalf, so I agreed. They also arranged a hire car, which was supplied by Hertz.
The damage to my car was slightly more than I at first thought. There was a dent on the pillar between the windscreen and the door. Obviously where the mirror hit it. The repair took a little longer than expected, as the repairer was waiting for parts, but the job done was perfect. You cannot see any evidence of damage. And that's how it should be. Anyway, a couple of days ago I got a call from the firm of solicitors who are dealing with my claim. They were ready to send the claim off to the other party's insurance company. They have already accepted liability. Today I got a copy of the paperwork for me to sign.
Total cost being claimed,£4285 !

·
Registered
30 Posts
Probably the Accident management companies car hire fees are a large of that bill.
They rush to give you a car and bill the other insurance company, hoping they will pay.
make sure you dont sign to say you will be liable for any shortfall if they refuse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts