Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Yeah not noticed it but like Rattlegun said I think if its OK we see nothing if there is a problem it would let us know

G

·
It's not on mine either. I found this on another forum posted in 2014. Perhaps they've disabled it on more variants since then.. Also it says in the handbook "Dependant On Version"
PSA have removed this feature from some models and it seems to be manual diesels with stop-start but why they would do this I dont know; our 2013 DS4 (and old 2008 C4 Picasso) have this but the DS4 has more recently had the oil level sensor removed at the same time as the stop-start was added, I think the 2008 is the same (the new C4 Picasso certainly is). No idea what the conflict is, but it seems to be these models.

·
Registered
735 Posts
There's always the dipstick ;)

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have the Oil_OK when starting from cold, but not when the engine is warm. It is probably a software thing where it thinks it can only display a sensible level assessment when the engine oil is below a certain temperature.

G

·
Moro said:
I have the Oil_OK when starting from cold, but not when the engine is warm. It is probably a software thing where it thinks it can only display a sensible level assessment when the engine oil is below a certain temperature.
This is what it says in the handbook.
The level read will only be correct if the vehicle is on level ground and the engine has been off for more than 30 minutes
It's just strange why some have it and some don't and I see you have S/S so it can't be that. I understand you can still use the dipstick but that's not the point if it should be working on a particular version of Cactus.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts