Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gutted. Picked up my shiny Cactus on Thursday afternoon and already my husband's muddy boots have messed up the passenger footwell. I suppose he couldn't help it. His Landrover Defender's propshaft went and he was soaked through and muddy. I've told him he won't be borrowing my new baby while his is being repaired as he previously trashed my old car when he needed to borrow it.

Anyway, on the assumption that both car and husband will be staying what's going to be the most effective way of cleaning the footwell? I will be getting mats asap!!!

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
383 Posts
Assuming it is dry, I use our Vax vacuum cleaner with the small hand-held roller bit that we use on the stairs at home - this agitates it a treat and lifts it up. We used to have a Dyson which is amazing for hard floors but doesn't even come close to the Vax on fabric.

Just keep going over it time and again.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Soak up any excess moisture, so as not to encourage damp smell, let it dry, scrub with stiff brush and vacuum!

G

·
Heartboy said:
Anyway, on the assumption that both car and husband will be staying what's going to be the most effective way of cleaning the footwell? I will be getting mats asap!!!

Thanks everyone
You can get proper Citroen rubber mats a bit like the Airbumps, usually cheaper on ebay. They are not very elegant but are certainly practical. Originally I had the official Citroen carpet type but found they got grubby too quickly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts