Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Cactus was one year old whilst resting at the Gatwick Long Term Car Park...

I am not a Citroen fanboy by any means. I bought a 1990 BX GTI 4x4, and it proved so fragile I bought (mainly) VAG cars for the next 20 years or so.

For the record, I have been a new car fanatic for all my my life and the most expensive one I have ever bought was a 1999 Porsche 911C4 at over £75k, but now I am retired those days are behind me.

So as I am back home now, this is my summary of one year with this Citroen...

The Good
--------------

I like the uniqueness of the interior.

It has been been mainly reliable (see below - it has never failed to reach a destination).

I like the exterior style.

It is quite fuel efficient.

It is reasonably swift.

The bad
------------

I have an ongoing problem with the centre display - see above. It has issues on startup, but I am still awaiting a new display panel, after agreeing a replacement with my supplying dealer a month ago.

The interior plastics are quite poor in places, although having a "non black" interior does help.

The "higher end" things I like such as auto dimming mirrors (interior and exterior) and auto braking and adaptive cruise are not even available as options.

Summary
--------------

I am happy with the fuel consumption of almost 50mpg - achieved on mostly sub-25 mile journeys. I only use this car for longer journeys when leaving it at an airport, as my Mk7 Golf GTI is generally my car of choice for longer trips.

By comparison with my other current car (which cost nearly twice as much as the Cactus) this one really does stack up well as a sub £20k vehicle - mainly because it is styled different both inside and out.

When I make an occasional car purchase mistake I trade them on after a year...but the Cactus is a good car which I really like, so I am in for the full 3 years when the manufacture warrant expires...and maybe I could keep this one even a little bit longer if it remains reliable.

This car is a hard sell to my friends due to the "brand" issue, but I have had experience of this before (with a 2010 Skoda Superb Combi) and I have mostly brought them around this time too..it is truly a great car of our time!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Yeah interesting on your thoughts but it just goes to show I have not had high end cars as I had not even heard of auto dim mirrors and adaptive cruise control :? Our last car was the first with any type of cruise control but was over complicated compared to cactus so never used it. Tried the Cactus for the first time a few months back and it was great..... A revelation for us

·
Registered
78 Posts
Good to hear your experiences one year. Mine arrives to-morrow which has the auto-dim mirror. I have had this before and it works well at night, no glare from the person behind you.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
lecoldartic said:
Good to hear your experiences one year. Mine arrives to-morrow which has the auto-dim mirror. I have had this before and it works well at night, no glare from the person behind you.
The Cactus can come with auto-dim mirror :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts