Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been wanting for a while to swap my elderly Fiesta for something bigger, more comfortable and somewhat faster. While a bit of a left field choice the Cactus seems to tick a lot of boxes (I'm thinking about the 110 Puretech, having done a bit of maths the benefit of diesel looks pretty minimal for me).

I was just interested to know what you owners think, as there's a big difference between a road test done over a couple of days by someone who gets paid for it and owning one! I'm hoping to test drive soon which shall of course be the most important opinion :mrgreen:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well I have only had it a week but so far love it mine is the 110 feel and goes really well one thing I wood say if you can go for one of the better trims mine is habana it,s well worth it I did not know it but it brings armrest as well
been getting 57mpg at times with moderate driving, ride good on 16" wheels some noise from wind road on poor surfaces but not bad.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had my 1.6 blue hdi for 2 weeks now. picked it up with 10 squares on the fuel gauge (the gauge has 12 squares) and have done 412 miles before the low fuel indication came on today with one fuel square remaining. So going of that I think its safe to say the hdi is very economical. It is a very quiet ride with just a touch of wind noise. thinking about investing in some wind deflectors I saw elsewhere on this site. I find it has plenty of power when needed. I think I live in the real world as opposed to the motoring journalists. I can cruise up a long hill in 80 no problem. I do find though that it can be a bit flat in third and have to go back down to second more often than I would like. the auto wipers work really well but I find it has to get really gloomy for the auto lights to kick in so have them in manual. not a big deal. overall I am extremely happy with my cactus. I love all the bells and whistles as well as the economy and performance. It has also garnered a lot of looks and a few people have asked me about the bubble wrap. I gave the door a good smack to show it off

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much for the replies guys, great information. I think maybe I might end up with one of these...

One concern of mine, how's the ventilation and heating been in winter? I am concerned at there only being three vents and this is something hard to check without owning one. My old car was poor in this regard and it was a real bother.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re the heating and ventilation system. I've had my Cactus since mid September so got to use the air con (I have the climate option) in Spanish temps in the mid 30's and it was pretty awesome and almost instant and kept the whole car beautifully cool. There are floor vents too which blow cold or warm air into both the front and rear foot wells. Now that winter is here and a few nights even in Spain with -4, the heating system has proved to be as efficient as the air con although it obviously takes a few minutes to come up to temperature. One clever thing I've noticed is that on a particularly cold morning it doesn't start pushing out the air into the passenger area until that air is warm and then it puts the fan on full to get the temp up to the desired level. And while I'm on the subject of clever things, when using the cruise control, if necessary the car will drop a gear to keep the speed constant when going up hills. Very clever.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great post Tim - sounds like you and your Cactus are getting on well. I've ran out of excuses now I think and shall get myself to a Citroen dealer soon!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gibmonkey said:
... but I find it has to get really gloomy for the auto lights to kick in so have them in manual. not a big deal.. .
When the light is put in manual will it shut off when the engine is shut off?
I remember on the first gen C5 it wouldn't do that and as a result I found my battery empty twice back in the day.

G

·
kleykenb said:
When the light is put in manual will it shut off when the engine is shut off?
I remember on the first gen C5 it wouldn't do that and as a result I found my battery empty twice back in the day.
This is from the manual.

"Switching off the lamps when the ignition is switched off.
On switching off the ignition, all of the lamps turn off immediately, except for dipped beam if guide-me-home lighting is activated."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts