Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

This is my first post after aquiring the great C4 Cactus more than a week ago. I'm trying to pair the Link MyCitroen App with the car, but I'm failing to do it. I turn the bluetooth on, the phone pairs with the car, I start the app on my phone, I inser the VIN, the app starts but...nothing happens. I read that you need to make a trip and afterwards the app syncs the info with the car, but still nothing is happening. What am I failing to do for it not to be working?!

·
Registered
725 Posts
carrots99 said:
Hello everyone,

This is my first post after aquiring the great C4 Cactus more than a week ago. I'm trying to pair the Link MyCitroen App with the car, but I'm failing to do it. I turn the bluetooth on, the phone pairs with the car, I start the app on my phone, I inser the VIN, the app starts but...nothing happens. I read that you need to make a trip and afterwards the app syncs the info with the car, but still nothing is happening. What am I failing to do for it not to be working?!
You have to allow access each time. Are you doing that?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the only thing that comes up on my phone when I start the app is that it says that the info will update after first ride (something like that), and I press "continue"...neither on the phone nor the car I see any notification asking for access. Do you mean access from the app, or access when pairing the bluetooth? Because the latest one is automatic and almost instantaneously once I turn the bluetooth on on the phone

·
Registered
725 Posts
Mine usually comes with a message saying it wants access, or something like that. Then I just slide to unlock. Or if I open the app first I have to press continue. Are you sure you have the VIN entered correctly?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, the VIN is the correct one, like it's on the windshield...have to try it from another phone, maybe that's where the problem is and for some reason the phone is not asking for access

·
Registered
316 Posts
I think the default is 0000 or 1234 on your car. I have never heard of putting the Vin number in.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Mark said:
I think the default is 0000 or 1234 on your car. I have never heard of putting the Vin number in.
The app asks for the VIN

·
Registered
266 Posts
On the iPhone, you have to click on Continue to grant access to the app. It will then upload any journeys you have made since you first allowed it to connect. Most annoying that you have to do it each time. I notice that on the French Apple store, there are several reviews complaining about this...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.