Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me why Citroen in their infinite wisdom didn't include at the very least an option for a vanity mirror for the passenger side. Haven't told the wife yet, but standing by for the complaining!!!! Could it be that they consider it a safety problem due to the roof mounted airbag. I can see I will have to get a third party mirror purely for my sanity on long journeys. Oh, and one other puzzle, why no option for heated seats. Are the Brits too hard core to need them. I'm not. Would have loved that option.......

·
Administrator
196 Posts
Isn't it all to do with cost / weight saving, cut out everything they can to keep the base pricing and weight down? Hence the rear windows etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
adinet said:
Can anyone tell me why Citroen in their infinite wisdom didn't include at the very least an option for a vanity mirror for the passenger side. Haven't told the wife yet, but standing by for the complaining!!!! Could it be that they consider it a safety problem due to the roof mounted airbag. I can see I will have to get a third party mirror purely for my sanity on long journeys. Oh, and one other puzzle, why no option for heated seats. Are the Brits too hard core to need them. I'm not. Would have loved that option.......
I would guess there are heated front seats. Are you talking about the back seats?
Controls for heated seats are placed on the side of the seats - facing the doors.

I apologize if you mean something else, and already know where the controls are :p

·
Registered
185 Posts
Think the lack of a vanity mirror on the passneger side is due to the airbag being in the headlining on that side.

I suppose there may be some circumstances whereby if the airbag did activate and a mirror was there it could smash and cause injury.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have watched most of the YouTube videos (Yes I am a geek) on the Citroen cactus whilst waiting for my delayed order to be built?? Some of the video's (mainly foreign ones) do show vanity mirrors on both sides. Suspect Citroen penny pinching again. Still would have been nice as an option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.