Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen various post about the reversing camera and being able to see your number plate or bumper. Thought it would be good to post photos of your revering camera image on your screen. See if there is a huge difference

Here is mine

Attachments

Registered
Mine with raindrop :( But similar part of number plate normally shows ;)

Attachments

Registered
Azreal1983 said:
I have seen various post about the reversing camera and being able to see your number plate or bumper. Thought it would be good to post photos of your revering camera image on your screen. See if there is a huge difference

Here is mine
That is exactly the same as mine, but it hasn't always been like that. Has yours? I am due to take mine into the dealer tomorrow for this issue.

Registered
@The2ems
Are you sure the distortions are not due to a raindrop on the camera? A raindrop is same diameter as the lens :shock:

Registered
Cactus4us said:
@The2ems
Are you sure the distortions are not due to a raindrop on the camera? A raindrop is same diameter as the lens :shock:
Positive mate. It's been like it for a few weeks now. I'm sure a raindrop wouldn't stay there for that long.

Registered
This may seem like a stupid question or I have completely missed the point, but why is seeing your number plate a problem?... :?

Registered
Our has been like it from day one. Its not a problem I feel or am concerned about. Firstly the camera is angled down and fixed so you can see partly ground level and partly up, the No plate is angled up so you are bound to see 'a bit of both'. The whole point of it in that position is so you can 'see' obstructions really low down.

Registered
Just got back from the dealer who told me that the camera is not adjustable, and also showed me one that was in the showroom, which was the same as mine. But I am still convinced that it wasn't like that when I had the car new. Maybe it was. I'm beginning to doubt myself now. @cactusjack, What do you mean by the No plate is angled?
It would be interesting to hear other people's views on this. No need to add pictures. Just a quick yes or no, can you see the number plate through the reversing camera?

Registered
The2ems said:
Just got back from the dealer who told me that the camera is not adjustable, and also showed me one that was in the showroom, which was the same as mine. But I am still convinced that it wasn't like that when I had the car new. Maybe it was. I'm beginning to doubt myself now. @cactusjack, What do you mean by the No plate is angled?
It would be interesting to hear other people's views on this. No need to add pictures. Just a quick yes or no, can you see the number plate through the reversing camera?
A case of "Look Back in Angle" :lol:

Registered
The2ems said:
If you look along the No plate from the side you will see that the No plate (fixed to the car) is not verticle but angled up. That, with the camera angled down means the view will obviously take it in. To be honest I think people have just not noticed. The first thing your eyes will see is the 'main' view and not the 'edges', until of course you get used to it, then your concentration is focused always on 'that bit that doesn't look right'. I have one high up on our motorhome and shows a similar view so that I can get very close to a wall say, the view gives me the bottom 'corners' and along the bottom edge. If the camera 'cactus' was set straight back you'd see everything behind but not where it matters. ;)

Registered
The2ems said:
Yes. It has always been like this.

G

I can see mine as the examples already shown. Never noticed it before but it's not a problem as I think the area covered is excellent.

Registered
cactusjack said:
Our has been like it from day one. Its not a problem I feel or am concerned about. Firstly the camera is angled down and fixed so you can see partly ground level and partly up, the No plate is angled up so you are bound to see 'a bit of both'. The whole point of it in that position is so you can 'see' obstructions really low down.
I'm glad its not just me then...I'm not sure why if you do or don't see your plate as being a problem. Surely the camera is simply a substitute to your eyes, perception and reversing sensors?

The camera image shows enough (plate or no plate) to comfortably park without blocking the next car in, or leave enough space to get around the back and into the boot if need be. The adjustment needed to capture the plate or not will be minuscule given the size of the lens, the field of view and method of fixing.

For the record i can see my plate.

Registered
Yes. I can see the edge of mine at the bottom of the screen and to be honest I have never noticed it before. This is because your eyes are focused on the lines which draw your attention into the middle and top of the screen. Mine is more evenly aligned to the bottom edge and just curls up at both corners. Its not a problem but I wouldn't like to see the letters like some have reported.

Registered
Mines not really a problem. It's just that I only noticed it after about 3 months, so I assumed the camera had moved.

Registered
I've got the same view with mine...a little bit of number plate. The funny thing is when I got the car I'm sure the number plate was not visible!! I wonder if the camera moves slightly with the closing/opening of the tailgate? If you touch the camera lens housing there is a bit of play, so I suspect it works loose and then 'drops' slightly.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts