Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my cactus has arrived and is ready to pick up! I haven't bought a new car before and I am just wondering if anyone has any advice on what to check over before I drive off the lot with it? On second hand cars my dad always uses the AA test but not sure this is relevant for a new car?

Any advice much appreciated,

Thanks,

·
Registered
129 Posts
They'll usually want to start doing the paperwork first but politely ask to inspect the car first, as you should. Check for dents, scratches and that it is the correct spec of course. If they've put a dealer sticker in the window ask how much they're paying you to do their advertising maybe :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Just check on previous threads about wind noise i.e door seals not meeting the indents on the door frame

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks a lot @rattlegun, appreciate it! :) ah yes @cactusjack will find that thread, will it be obvious what I'm looking for there?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Check that they have supplied the wheels you ordered; check that if you ordered the spare wheel that they have actually put it in the boot...

·
Registered
472 Posts
I didn't notice the indents til a pic was posted, seems that if the seal doesn't meet at this point you are likely to get wind noise. Ours is about 2-3 mm from it and we're ok with no noise. Ours is a full size spare wheel, in the boot with a tray that holds jack/wheelbrace etc. Some say its a space saver but not in our case, and like dadioglasgow says check n double check you've got what you're paying for. Enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.