Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm due to take my Cactus on holiday to the south of France in a few weeks, assuming there's any petrol available! Decided to get a Liber-t toll transponder and I'm wondering where this should be placed on the windscreen. The Cactus doesn't have a black mottled area around the mirror as described in the tag instructions and the central area of the screen is filled with the rain sensor.

Does anyone have any experience of using these transponders in the Cactus? Am I right in assuming it doesn't have an athermic/reflective windscreen so the tag can just be placed anywhere near the mirror?

Cheers in advance

·
Registered
344 Posts
Good question, don't know but need too!
just hope it works better in the cactus than it did in a Jeep last year :x

·
Registered
626 Posts
Isn't the dedicated area only required on screens with the solar reflective coating?...I don't think the Cactus has or seen any indication (lack of external blue/green tinge in sunlight) that it has the coating?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Yes I'm assuming it doesn't have one of those reflective screens and the tag can be placed next to the mirror. Guess I'll find out very soon - will use the multi-payment lanes to start with I think!

·
Registered
344 Posts
We used a tag last year.
When it works, it works really well.
When it doesn't (in the rain, in the dark, in a hire car at 10;00pm with a french woman screaming instructions at you and your battling with jeeps stop/start and an electric handbrake and a button ignition) not so well. :x
BUT
If it fails you can still get a ticket at the liber-t lane and still use a card to pay at the other end. :lol:
or rip it off the windscreen and hand it to the charming French toll booth operative on a normal lane (they love it :evil: )
drive at the barrier slowly (it is French) and the barrier should lift. its not as quick and responsive as the tag system used on Spanish motorways (which appear to work at anything upto 100mph for taxi's).

Not convinced its worth the annual charge and monthly useage charge :?

Only advantage I could see was that it was set up to debit the wifes credit card :lol:

·
Registered
383 Posts
It's €6pa and €5 each month it is used (maximum charge of 2 months per annum), ours worked very well in the DS4's windscreen last year (it is positioned on a clear bit of the screen at the top) - we use a roof box so you need to stop anyway (it measures the vehicle to establish if it is a van or car), only on one occasion did the tag not 'ping' which meant we reversed a few feet and it then 'pinged' so we could carry on.

I find it pretty faultless and well worth the investment.

·
Registered
626 Posts
At 6EUR per annum plus 10 EUR max seems hardly worth the admin fee for the distances travelled?! :D

To put that into context the Severn Bridge toll at 0.99 miles is £116 per annum...at least the return trip is free!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts