Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took delivery of this badboy and it looks stunning. However, I'd like your opinion on it and potential cosmetic upgrades even though there aren't many .. Wheels are a must but I can't find much forum's or pictures with a modified Cactus. Help a fellow Cacti out :cool:
Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

·
Super Moderator
202 Posts
Welcome to the forum, that's a really nice colour combo you have there.

Have you seen the Aventure Concept? I'm not sure which way you're thinking of going with modifications but it's one of the few interesting ones I've seen.

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

I've seen renderings of cars with bigger wheels and really low suspension that would only be achievable with air bags really but mode modifications for the Cactus seem to centre on "mini offroad" rather than anything sporty.

This one is quite interesting:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum, that's a really nice colour combo you have there.

Have you seen the Aventure Concept? I'm not sure which way you're thinking of going with modifications but it's one of the few interesting ones I've seen.

View attachment 2675
View attachment 2674

I've seen renderings of cars with bigger wheels and really low suspension that would only be achievable with air bags really but mode modifications for the Cactus seem to centre on "mini offroad" rather than anything sporty.

This one is quite interesting:

Thanks ! The two examples you've attached are the mods I've found so there isn't much to go from, airbags is a no go and the bars are expensive without serving a purpose. I'd like to fit 18" black wheels and am thinking about potentially wrapping the airbags and other PVC parts on bumpers and skirts. There is nothing out there in the form of aftermarket, not even a bumper or headlight .. All I found is Angel Eye fog lights. If there are any pictures you can find with wheels etc please send them trough, I've been digging trough Google for hours but all I see is a handful of pictures on the same 4 Cactus.

·
Super Moderator
202 Posts
There's very little out there, it's probably one of the most neglected cars for after market bits I've ever had which is great for saving money on temptations I don't need, anything you do yourself is likely to be pretty unique though :)

Musketier in German have a few bits but it's not too exciting, their Surcross Safari had different airbumps that looked to be wrapped though...

They also have another demo car with bigger wheels and lower ride height...

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's very little out there, it's probably one of the most neglected cars for after market bits I've ever had which is great for saving money on temptations I don't need, anything you do yourself is likely to be pretty unique though :)

Musketier in German have a few bits but it's not too exciting, their Surcross Safari had different airbumps that looked to be wrapped though...

They also have another demo car with bigger wheels and lower ride height...

View attachment 2676
Thanks ! I did notice Musketier is the only one having proper demo cars, I'll have browse to see what it's all about.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks ! The Safari was unique in many ways but definitely wrapped, I very much liked the Airflow concept it's a shame we can't buy the kit for that. I did notice Musketier is the only one having proper demo cars, I'll have browse to see what it's all about but I definitely agree with "saving money" and I am thinking about just giving it my own twist.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If its the 1.2 turbo. get the remap. its the best mod you can do!
Yes it is the 1.2 Turbo, which remap? I looked at maps but they barely result in extra HP so thought it wasn't really worth it .. Even looked at a turbocharger lol. How is your experience with the remap and what did you do exactly?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Don't know where you looked. going from 110 to around 145 if deffo worth it. definately become a 7 second car.
mine was done by Quantum. The same engine in the later Cactus did 130 stock. Don't need a better turbo theres plenty of head room in the stock item.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Don't know where you looked. going from 110 to around 145 if deffo worth it. definately become a 7 second car.
mine was done by Quantum. The same engine in the later Cactus did 130 stock. Don't need a better turbo theres plenty of head room in the stock item.
Are you sure it's the same engine? I've seen different reviews that mention PureTech 130 had better internal components to withstand the higher pressure..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmm I did see the remap for 145 but you do realise that it might need some upgrades as it'll substantially batter that little engine. But I'll definitely have a look I'm just interested in how you experience the remap and if overtime you do need to replace parts and which ones??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts