Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We're looking to change our car this year, and the C4 Cactus is on the short list. Have owned several Citroen's over the years and have always loved how they drove and more importantly the ride quality (especially the 2 BXs and the C5 we've owned).

We've been looking at new and used and have seen lots of 1 year old cars for sale with registration numbers starting with 'K' - does anyone know if these have all come from the same fleet? Possibly ex-rental cars? I know rental & fleet cars tend be well looked after these days as the companies want to get maximum value back at resale time, but would be interested if anyone knows where these cars have come from, especially if anyone on here has bought one. I believe these cars will have been registered in Northampton originally.

Many thanks

G

·
PeeGee said:
We've been looking at new and used and have seen lots of 1 year old cars for sale with registration numbers starting with 'K' - does anyone know if these have all come from the same fleet? Possibly ex-rental cars? I know rental & fleet cars tend be well looked after these days as the companies want to get maximum value back at resale time, but would be interested if anyone knows where these cars have come from, especially if anyone on here has bought one. I believe these cars will have been registered in Northampton originally.Many thanks
Each county has its own designated registration letters, the one for the Northampton DVLA is KN so basically all cars registered in Northamptonshire will have this configuration. KN also covers Luton. If they were fleet cars it would be the last three letters that would be applicable.

Perhaps doing a HPI check will give you more information.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My C4 Cactus Flair, Blue HDi is a KN15 plate. Was originally registered to Citroen as a lease vehicle I believe.
Pleased with how it drives and was very tidy before the 4000 I've clocked in the last three months of ownership.

Looking at the prices around I reckoned a large number of lease deals coming to an end. Min was only registered in March
last year. It was priced almost the same from the Arnold Clarke dealership at the same spec as available at Motorpoint.
Motorpoint were getting 10 with the same spec, all around the 5000 mile mark.

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
735 Posts
PeeGee - Curious to know which other cars could possibly be on your short list? :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
We have just bought a Cactus with KN plates. The paperwork tells us it was owned by Europcar. It has been very well maintained and the interior is in perfect condition because most hirers will not have had passengers and it will have been vaketed every time. The mileage is exactly what one would expect for the age - just over a year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, the fact that they are ex-rental does not put me off buying one of these, was just curious to know which fleet they came from. There's plenty to choose from, so finding a good one in the right colour and spec shouldn't be a problem.
In terms of the short list, it's still quite broad at the moment but main contenders are Cactus, Qashqai & Juke. Have also looked at the new Astra and was very impressed, especially with the 1.0 Ecoflex engine. Also being tempted with a 1 year old C5 at the moment though!
Thanks

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
PeeGee said:
Thanks for the replies guys, the fact that they are ex-rental does not put me off buying one of these, was just curious to know which fleet they came from. There's plenty to choose from, so finding a good one in the right colour and spec shouldn't be a problem.
In terms of the short list, it's still quite broad at the moment but main contenders are Cactus, Qashqai & Juke. Have also looked at the new Astra and was very impressed, especially with the 1.0 Ecoflex engine. Also being tempted with a 1 year old C5 at the moment though!
Thanks
I also looked at the Quashqai and the Juke - even though I think its ugly but neither came close to the enjoyment of driving the Cactus in my opinion

1 - 7 of 7 Posts