Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,ive just joined this site after browsing it for a few weeks,seems a good site to get info for the cactus I am thinking of buying.
I would realy like some help in making up my mind,i am thinking of buying the cactus flair 82 etg6,at the moment I have a citroen berlingo,and it has served me well,a very versatile vehicle,and I know I will miss it but I feel its time to move on to a smaller car,the berlingo has the etg six speed box,and the performance is ok for the type of utility vehicle it is.drives well,and is pretty good on the motorway,its a diesel,and has good low down torque when you need it.
now my wife ,and I have already been down to the showroom,and the cactus caught our eye,it seems a small big car if that makes sense,my only concern is that the smaller engine of 82 hp?will this engine still give a reasonable amount of overtaking power when needed,the performance figures are about the same on paper as the berlingo etg,but I don't want to buy something that I will be unhappy with,all the other features of the cactus seem realy good,and I like the futuristic look of the car.the other citroen I was thinking of getting was the c4 etg,but I feel I would like a complete change of style.please help very confused at the mo :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
The Cactus is, if you compare dimensions, actually slightly longer and wider. It's just a bit shorter in the wheelbase and obviously not as tall.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the reply stevie,i was more worried that the 82 etg would be a little under powered compared to the berlingo etg, the berlingo is no racer obviously but has good overtaking power.unfortunately I am limited to a auto box/semi auto.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've got an 82 etg. I would only trust it to overtake a tractor or very slow vehicle on open A roads unless there was a really good straight section. It's nippy but not punchy, if you know what I mean...

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have got your message John but it won't let me reply. If you go to the Citroen site they have a new automatic diesel blue eHdi 1.6 -100bhp and see if you can change your order as you have been misinformed and the car is far more economical.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.