Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hej everyone
This may seem like an odd question, but it is causing me some concern, so I thought I would ask. Perhaps others have the same concerns and have found a solution.
I am concerned that one of the gear selection buttons on the Cactus "auto": D,R and N can be selected by mistake, thus causing damage to the engine and/or gearbox. This could happen perhaps if a passenger whilst reaching for a cup hit one of the buttons or a curious child pressed one of the buttons.
My question is: Is there an aftermarket cover for the buttons to prevent accidental use?. Maybe a cover that can be lifted ot slid over to gain access to the buttons.A sub-query is: Has anyone come up with a DIY solution?
Thanks in advance
NCK

·
Registered
189 Posts
Nope (you can try it if you want) The buttons are fixed, they only operate when the engines running (like most autoboxes) As they operate solenoids in the box or on it. All done in micro seconds via the finger of a human. So unlike a manual box you can't wreck it. No the autobox does that it's self. Well as most Citroens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep I mean when the engines running, its of no real consequence if the buttons are preesed when the engine ismt running

·
Registered
189 Posts
No, but when the car (the box is in neutral) don't lay under the front wheels. The handbook explains most of this. But don't ever tow this box (or any other non pre-select with a dead engine) as they are fluid filled and will cause damage to the autoboxes internals after more than five miles. If the front (or rear) wheels are not suspended.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts