Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Ive been away for a few days and the Cactus has been left at home. Anyway popped out this morning to pick up some shopping and on the way home I thought I could hear my mobile ringing on silent. Clearly not as it was connected to the car I thought nothing more of it. Couple of minutes later I heard the noise again and established it was coming from within the car.

Pulled up, engine went into SS stop and the noise stopped. Clutch down and the noise restarted. Long story short I established that its coming from the NSR wheel and given its operation with the engine I'm assuming its either the fuel pump or the add blue pump?...although its proximity to the brake I'm hoping its not the hill hold servo on its way out...

Went out earlier and seems to have stopped however anyone else experienced this or able to shed any light?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes I get this too. I expect it is the fuel pump primer as the ad-blue generally will only function when the engine is running.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I hear a quiet whirring noise when I stop the engine. I seem to be the only one in the car that can hear it - I thought maybe it was something to do with the ad blue so would be interesting to hear if petrol cactus owners can hear it too?

·
Registered
383 Posts
BristolRich said:
...although its proximity to the brake I'm hoping its not the hill hold servo on its way out...
Not much chance of that - hill-holder works on the front wheels.

Could be the AdBlu going through an injection cycle

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
FrankBullitt said:
BristolRich said:
...although its proximity to the brake I'm hoping its not the hill hold servo on its way out...

Does it really ..... ? I would have thought it would have braked the back wheels like the handbrake.

·
Registered
383 Posts
JohnYoung said:
FrankBullitt said:
BristolRich said:

Does it really ..... ? I would have thought it would have braked the back wheels like the handbrake.
The handbrake is a mechanical link (cable), the hill-holder simply works by controlling the ABS sensors on the front wheels, the two aren't linked.

·
Registered
164 Posts
by the way... any chance citroen downgrade this feature (hill holder) in newer cactus?

·
Registered
383 Posts
No, it is still fitted to all cars apart from the puretech 82. It doesn't tend to operate on low gradients although you can force it to work on any gradient by pushing the brake pedal very hard.

·
Registered
164 Posts
FrankBullitt said:
No, it is still fitted to all cars apart from the puretech 82. It doesn't tend to operate on low gradients although you can force it to work on any gradient by pushing the brake pedal very hard.
Thanks and sorry for the off topic. I gussed it was just a rumor and I even checked with dealer (yes, still got the hill holder)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts