Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am about to order a new cactus, either the Puretech 82 ETG, or the 110 manual.
Does anyone have any positive or negative experience of the petrol ETG? Especially in the light of some variable reviews of the ETG online. I do like auto gearboxes, but...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've had my 82 ETG for just over 4 months now. My only slight gripe is the creep function which can sometimes seem a bit jerky, other than that I think it's brilliant. The gearbox learns how you drive, mine is super smooth, the majority of the time I don't even feel it change gear. Like you I read the reviews for the ETG6 and was a little apprehensive but after having a test drive of the ETG5 I went ahead and am pleased I did as I am more than happy.

The other thing I was slightly apprehensive about was the performance as it is only 82bhp. Again I am more than satisfied as it's more than adequate.

I hope this help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kieth, that is reassuring. I'm hoping to test drive one in the next few days. Sounds like it gets better the longer you drive it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had my 82ETG for two weeks and in that time the gear change has got smoother and smoother. I was worried about the auto after all the reviews but needed to get one due to health issues and I am definitely glad I did!! As for performance it is more than adequate.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your helpful comments. In fact I have just ordered (last weekend) the manual 110 s&s, having done a back to back test drive. Both were good, but all in all I went for the 110 with its more reassured acceleration. Now I just have to be patient. ETA is sometime in October...!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Good choice ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey

I'm planning to by the Citroen Cactus ETG6 with PureTech 82 engine.
Can some one tell me who has this car if there is a Hill Assistant on the ETG6 with PureTech 82.
I know there is a hill assistant on the diesel engine, but i'm interested for the PureTech 82 petrol engine.

Thanks,
Daniel

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
arhi1000 said:
Hey I'm planning to by the Citroen Cactus ETG6 with PureTech 82 engine.
Can some one tell me who has this car if there is a Hill Assistant on the ETG6 with PureTech 82.
I know there is a hill assistant on the diesel engine, but i'm interested for the PureTech 82 petrol engine.Thanks,Daniel
If you are buying the petrol and unless they have changed the specification it is a 5 speed box. Yes it does have Hill Assist. :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yes, all the Electronic gear cars have, " Hill Start Assist ". it really works just press the brake pedal a bit harder than normal on the hills.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.