Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Has any one installed or know if it is possible to install LPG device on the new Citroen Cactus with petrol engine PureTech 82 with ETG6 transmission.
I plan to install one and i want to know if some one has as well, if it is working well and if there are any issues.

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the petrol engines it lowers the CO2 emissions and plus lowers the fuel cost around 40%. But i don;t know if the petrol engine PureTech 82 with ETG6 can be adopted to LPG. Some engines can be modified and some can't.
Plus if there are any issues if installed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Off topic question... How do you find the 82 with ETG? I have posted else where that I am worried about the speed of it (15 secs to 60 mph). Does it cruise on the motorway OK at 70/80? Also I thought it was a 5 speed rather than 6 speed auto? Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Have the 82 with etg and it's a 5 speed box on mine, cruises fine at those speeds.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has any one had any experience with installation of LPG with this type of vehicle

·
Registered
626 Posts
Not directly but I have read of LPG installs in other Citroens...

One of the problems when installed into the C4 is that the fuel gauge is calculated and not measured directly from the tank. So as the car is using LPG the Petrol tank gauge goes down even though there is a full tank of petrol remaining unused. I dont believe this problem was ever resolved.

The engine in the cactus is shared across many other cars in the PSA range (C4, C3, DS3 Peugeot 308) so it might be worth lurking about on the respective forums to see if any one on there has installed LPG.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BristolRich said:
Not directly but I have read of LPG installs in other Citroens...

One of the problems when installed into the C4 is that the fuel gauge is calculated and not measured directly from the tank. So as the car is using LPG the Petrol tank gauge goes down even though there is a full tank of petrol remaining unused. I dont believe this problem was ever resolved.

The engine in the cactus is shared across many other cars in the PSA range (C4, C3, DS3 Peugeot 308) so it might be worth lurking about on the respective forums to see if any one on there has installed LPG.
Do you know if the Citroen C-Elysee shares the same engine as the Citroen Cactus? I was told on C-Elysee it's possible to install LPG.
Since for the Citroen Cactus description for the engine is PureTech 72 / 82, C-Elysee VTi 72 / 115 and the Peugeot 308 is 1.2 E.
I was told that on the Peugeot 208 it is possible to install LPG.

Do you know where i can check the similarities for the engines?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Where are you located as the C-Elysee is not a UK model so I don't know of the full specifications? IIRC the current C-Elysee is manufactured for the South America, European and Chinese markets only and is based on the Mk 1.5 Citroen C4.

That said the net suggests the engines for the C-Elysee are:
VTi 72 petrol engine (Manual Only)
VTi 115 petrol engine (Manual or Auto)
HDi 92 (Manual or Auto)
The VTi engines are derived from BMW units (aka PRINCE - EURO 4 and 5 Compliant) and therefore not the same as the PSA EB Pure Tech (EURO 6 compliant) engines in the Cactus.

As the EB is Euro 6 and actually very efficient, I'm wondering what the benefit of the LPG conversion would be? Now that the MPG consumption is improving its going to take a lot longer to get your return on investment?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm located in Macedonia.
Well LPG is 1/3 from petrol and the installation is around 600 euros, so in 2 years you are returning the investment.
The only thing is that i don;t trust exactly the dealer when he said he can install the LPG. I don't want to have a headache if there are some problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts