Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my turquoise moomin today. But got a dim question. Do all cactus have stop start? Stopped at junctions with handbrake on and engine is still running. Checked the touchscreen and couldn't find stop/start button setting. Im I being silly or is it an additional package that is added on. :?:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Not a dumb question :) I thought mine had it until I saw people talking about s&s and realised this is an option lol mine and by the sound of it, yours , doesn't have it :) also thought multi city was standard :)

Tony
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks tecky111, had a look on the configurator on citroen site..... what does it go under? I never got asked the option when i initally went in and the salesman knew fuel efficency was a big deal to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
735 Posts
PureTech 82 manual :(
PureTech 82 S&S ETG :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
735 Posts
If you look at the car data screen there's a box for Eco start/stop if you have it :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will look tomorrow on my way to work but positive i haven't got it. If not i will be raging.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
Weegill said:
I will look tomorrow on my way to work but positive i haven't got it. If not i will be raging.
According to my brochure there's just two models with stop/start, thats mine (110) and the 82 ETG. If yours is the 82 manual it looks like you wont have it, get ready to start raging!!
 
G

·
cactusjack said:
According to my brochure there's just two models with stop/start, thats mine (110) and the 82 ETG. If yours is the 82 manual it looks like you wont have it, get ready to start raging!!
cactusjack is spot on Stop Start has never been available for the 82 Manual, not even as an option. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
644 Posts
cactusjack said:
Weegill said:
I will look tomorrow on my way to work but positive i haven't got it. If not i will be raging.
According to my brochure there's just two models with stop/start, thats mine (110) and the 82 ETG. If yours is the 82 manual it looks like you wont have it, get ready to start raging!!
My blue hdi has it too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
Sounds to me like another Citroen dealer cockup
They really don't know their arse from their elbow, no consistency and sales men haven't got a clue as to what they're selling. Rant over til next time :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,520 Posts
Yeah its the all new 'Cactus Lucky Dip Lottery' - buy what you 'think' you want and we give you whatever the hell we want

Yeah........good times :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
Surely the buyer has some responsibility too, to look at the specs and state what you want. After all, you do pay extra for the varying packages.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
The2ems said:
Surely the buyer has some responsibility too, to look at the specs and state what you want. After all, you do pay extra for the varying packages.
Couldn't agree with you more, you check out the models on offer, decide what level of spec you want. Next add on your own spec from their options on offer, kerching kerching kerching, then hand over the cash, simples. But, when the standard spec, that you have already decided and bought on isn't there when you finally get your hands on it, what a let down. When 'that' spec you've decided on is no longer available then the salesmen/person should be capable of letting you know about it. I'm not even a salesman and I'd have thought their first job was to 'Know' the product they're selling.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
cactusjack said:
The2ems said:
Surely the buyer has some responsibility too, to look at the specs and state what you want. After all, you do pay extra for the varying packages.
Couldn't agree with you more, you check out the models on offer, decide what level of spec you want. Next add on your own spec from their options on offer, kerching kerching kerching, then hand over the cash, simples. But, when the standard spec, that you have already decided and bought on isn't there when you finally get your hands on it, what a let down. When 'that' spec you've decided on is no longer available then the salesmen/person should be capable of letting you know about it. I'm not even a salesman and I'd have thought their first job was to 'Know' the product they're selling.
I don't disagree with that. But when the original poster thinks he should have "Stop start" because the salesman "Knew that fuel efficiency was a big deal", in my book that doesn't put the salesman in the wrong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
The2ems said:
cactusjack said:
The2ems said:
Surely the buyer has some responsibility too, to look at the specs and state what you want. After all, you do pay extra for the varying packages.
Couldn't agree with you more, you check out the models on offer, decide what level of spec you want. Next add on your own spec from their options on offer, kerching kerching kerching, then hand over the cash, simples. But, when the standard spec, that you have already decided and bought on isn't there when you finally get your hands on it, what a let down. When 'that' spec you've decided on is no longer available then the salesmen/person should be capable of letting you know about it. I'm not even a salesman and I'd have thought their first job was to 'Know' the product they're selling.
I don't disagree with that. But when the original poster thinks he should have "Stop start" because the salesman "Knew that fuel efficiency was a big deal", in my book that doesn't put the salesman in the wrong.
I feel that if the salesman "knew that fuel efficiency was a big deal" then why didn't said salesman point him in the direction and pro's of a stop/start system. Thats the whole point of stop/start, fuel efficiency surely?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
Or maybe he went in with a preconceived idea of what model he wanted. And that model doesn't have stop/start. I still think the ownus is on the customer to do the homework. There are a great number of different options for a salesman to go through.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
The2ems said:
Or maybe he went in with a preconceived idea of what model he wanted. And that model doesn't have stop/start. I still think the ownus is on the customer to do the homework. There are a great number of different options for a salesman to go through.
Once I knew exactly which model I wanted my salesman told me everything that came with it as standard (model I was looking at at the time in showroom). I added my extras and ordered it, a week later I was just double checking something and had a bad feeling. Went to dealership and queried it and his words to me were "to tell the truth none of us here really know what you're supposed to get". Luckily I just had time to amend it. So what chance have you got even if you do your home work at the end of the day its the job of the salesman to make sure you're buying the right car with the right spec, and if he doesn't know then he should bloody well go and find out. Rant over again (til next time) Personally I'm very pleased with my Cactus, but I'm starting to sound like Mr Grumpy and I'm not at all. :roll: :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
:cry:
The2ems said:
Or maybe he went in with a preconceived idea of what model he wanted. And that model doesn't have stop/start. I still think the ownus is on the customer to do the homework. There are a great number of different options for a salesman to go through.
I placed an order for a flair auto in the understanding that it would come with a usb socket in the glovebox and a jukebox for my music. It now looks like my cactus will have neither. Even though delivery is only a matter of days away my dealer is unable to confirm if these features are on my car.

I'm not happy! :evil:
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top