Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had this issue before?? It has happened to me 3 separate times now… I’ve been driving and the engine repair message comes up along with the ‘service’ light, and then about 5 seconds later, a really loud noise starts coming out the front bumper grill. It almost sounds as if it is overheating but i’m not sure that that’s the case? It has happened on long journeys and short journeys. Also, when I turn the engine off and on again, the noise and messages completely stop? Thanks in advance for any suggestions :) i have a 2015 Citroën C4 Cactus 1.6 diesel

·
Super Moderator
274 Posts
Hi @amyg, welcome to the forum, sorry it's not under better circumstances :)

Does it sound like the fan running at full speed?

I suspect you need a new low speed fan sensor, you'll still hear the fan running at full whack under some circumstances (if you're sat out in 35C heat with the aircon on "low" for a while) but you shouldn't get the errors.

I put a post up about it when ours was replaced with some part numbers and pictures to show where it is, a very quick and easy job to do yourself if you have some basic tools.

The current listing for the part from the chap I used seems to be this one but please double check before you buy:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi @thetapeworm ! thanks a lot for the response. i’ve had a wee look at your previous post that you linked and it does sound like i’m probably dealing with the same problem! i was going to take the car to the garage later today but I might just buy and try this part and see if that does the trick… before potentially forking out unnecessary cash! thanks again in advance!

·
Super Moderator
274 Posts
hi @thetapeworm ! thanks a lot for the response. i’ve had a wee look at your previous post that you linked and it does sound like i’m probably dealing with the same problem! i was going to take the car to the garage later today but I might just buy and try this part and see if that does the trick… before potentially forking out unnecessary cash! thanks again in advance!
No problem at all, I hope it's useful for you - with the price of a Citroen version of the part and an hour of labour as a minimum charge what's a very cheap and easy fix could quickly get expensive so I hope you can get it sorted as easily as I did :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts