Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My 2016 Cactus 1.2 Petrol Flairs rear left (passenger side) brake light stopped working. The other two lights in the cluster are ok. The lens was broken so I bought a whole new unit with bulbs included but the problem persists. I did an obd scan and it says this light has a short circuit issue. I have new fuses but I can’t see on the fuse tables inside the user manual which fuse(s) to change. Anyone know what this could be? Cheers!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Firstly, take the bulb out, try it out with the cluster (middle of bulb + pos. side is -neg) test bulb with wires (either side it should glow) Take cluster out put bulb back find a earth on body (or use a crock clip with a bare wire on or a probe) switch on ignition, turn on sidelights, take bare end of wire and insert it under the reverse bulb (or any earthside, - neg) and touch the crock clip to the neg side of bulb. It should light. If no joy, reverse the bare wire to the + pos feed side of any bulb, and the the crock end to the +pos side of sidelight. It should light. If it light either way, switch sidelights on and off, bulb should turn on and off.
It could be a loose connection. So before doing this check by wiggling the wires (get some one to wiggle the plug or wires) of cluster, and see if it lights.
Below is a more comprehensive wiring loom in this manual. Fuses are at P190 - p 197.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply CactiBhoy. I know that the bulbs are not the issue as the new light unit came with bulbs already supplied and the middle bulb didn’t come on (as it didn’t on the original light unit) so it’s highly unlikely that the middle bulb of the brand new unit is bust as well.
I think it’s more likely to be, as you say, a loose wire at the socket causing the obd reader to call out a short circuit. I will do this check asap: thanks.
If it’s not that it could be a fuse issue hence my query that if anyone knew which of the fuses listed (on pages 209-214 of the user manual) could be the one which affects the rear light functionality. The only one on the list which sounds close is the one on page 210 which says ‘F01 brake pedal switch’ and is located in the passenger side fuse box below the glove compartment.
I will try wiggling the connector first however. Thanks!! M

·
Registered
189 Posts
It's all trial and error really when it come to fused faults and working out what fuse affects what circuit. All the main Fuses are mentioned. In cases like this. You could pull out all the dash Fuses that are not mentioned. And see what they control. Or pull out all the fuses (one at a time) and replace any blown ones. Usually side light are controlled by 5, 8 or 10a fuses. But since the Cactus has day running front sidelights that dim when you put. The lights onto side mode. Your guess may be as much help as anybody's. Last resort, is to take a feed from the other sidelight that works and splice a wire across to your nearside light cluster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts