Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, a week in to our new Cactus and someone (won't say who!) reversed into something and broke the rear light. Yes, we have a reversing camera.

Questions:
- is it possible to replace the broken plastic light cover or do we have to replace the whole assembly

- where is a good place to buy from

- is it possible to fit a replacement ourselves or does it need a garage

Thanks very much

Registered
OMG! After only one week? I feel your pain buddy. The one on ebay says its used, does that mean there's another out there thats had a prang?. Hope there's no other damage. :eek:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all,

It seems like I need to buy an assembly rather than just replacing the plastic lens.

Does this mean a garage needs to fit the assembly?

Registered
coggers said:
Thanks all,

It seems like I need to buy an assembly rather than just replacing the plastic lens.

Does this mean a garage needs to fit the assembly?
Without looking to determin exactly... however usually rear lights are held in with screws, trim fixings or combination of both. Electrical connection is simply a pull out of a plug and plug back into the new unit.

Registered
Just had a quick look, they seem to be held on by a pair of plastic wing nuts. To replace I think you would need to pull the rear seal off the boot surround which may give you enough access to move the inner panel to access the inner nut, the outer one can be reached by removing the plastic panel used to change the bulbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts