Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Spanish cactus 1.6 hdi etg6 feel cool which I took delivery of last September. I love it but it only has the 4 speakers in the front. At my dealer I asked for a speaker upgrade ie two speakers to be fitted in the rear doors. Unfortunately the dealer,having ordered the speakers, discovered that the housings are not prewired and told me it was therefore impossible to retro fit them. Is this true? Secondly, I have a top smartphone with it's own built in satnav etc, but have been told that I can't connect this to the in car screen either via Bluetooth or hotspot. I would apparently have to buy Citroens sat nav or multicity connect to use the in car screen, otherwise I have to prop my phone up on the dashboard. I find this a bit annoying having spent €22,000 on the car. My dealer has told me that for a few hundred euros per annum I can have their system, but I don't feel inclined to pay twice for internet connection. Apart from these two points, the car is exceptional.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Regarding the rear speakers, I too was comtemplating fitting them (I would go aftermarket though) so was interested by your question.

Looking at the rear door when you open it you will see a shiny plastic tube fitted to most cars to run wiring through. This is quite thin and if you squeeze it I can definately feel a wire running through it. Now as the cactus has no electric windows at the back the only thing I can think it could be is a speaker wire. This makes sense as it would cost more for a manufacturer to have different wiring harnesses for different models rather than having a standard one.

I didn't actually remove one end to confirm the wire though so this may be next step.

Did your dealer actually remove the door card? Am wondering if it is wired up to a point inside the door and then they only have to fit a speaker to that point for the style models.

i won't be able to do anything on this for a bit so if any else finds out beforehand please share.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they did remove the door card but couldn't find the cable. Maybe I'll have a look myself. The car really does need speakers in the back. Will let you know what I find. Tim.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I removed the rubber gromet from the door and there is a wire running through it. Unfortunately i don't have correct tools to remove the door card so couldn't investigate further.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a feeling that this wire is only for the rear door locks. Does anyone have a number for Citroen. Tried this through my Spanish dealer but no luck. Perhaps the UK would be better!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have messaged citroen uk through their facebook page will update with their answer.

You may be right about the central locking :(

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have received the following

Hi John,

Thanks for your message.

Unfortunately, there aren't any rear speaker wires in the C4 Cactus Feel edition so you won't be able to add rear speakers to your car.

We hope that helps!

Kind regards,
Citroën UK

Well at least we know now :(

I suppose it may be possibie to get an ICE installer to run cabies to rear speakers and wire them up in parallel to the front door speakers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that. Will see if I can find away round it. Will keep you informed. Incidentally I hope you are enjoying your Cactus, I love mine and frequently drive it just for the fun. Hope to take it up into the Pyrenees in the next week or so.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Not used it a lot yet, have had some awful weather here loads of rain.

Enjoy your trip to the mountains, you should some great photos of it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!
I've just bought a pioneer ts-WX610A spare wheel sub. Someone who has experience related to installing a sub? Also wonder if anyone know which cables goes to the front speakers?

Marius

from Norway

·
Registered
19 Posts
Marius, I was looking into this Sub as well, although I have no experience in this. I would be very interested to know if it fits, how well it works and how difficult it is to install. :) Keep us posted please...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I have just brought my cactus c4 last week. One Piece which bothers me is lack of rear speakers in my feel.

Has anyone added the speakers.

1. Do you know what size speakers fit?
2. Does the Audio unit have ports to drive the rear speakers and where do I draw the rear speaker wires from from the Audio Unit and how do I access the points on the Music Unit?
3. How to run the wires from the music unit to the rear speakers.

Help will be appreciated.

Prantik

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Its not hard to fit speaker wire to a car, did it LOADS of times in the past with various cars. The biggest problem was were to locate the speaker but if that already done then it should be easy - well getting to the front of the car but when I did it the radio was not built into the dash like they are now

1 - 14 of 14 Posts