Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys got a letter this morning saying they are recalling all c4 cactus to replace the steering column universal joint bolt as it may cause noise in certain driving conditions as any body else had this yet only had the car since September 1st regards burky.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thats handy to know, thanks for the foreward warning

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is this like, worldwide, as I am outside of the UK? Who should inform us about the recall? Any idea?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Ohhh that's interesting.......

Not had anything yet (I'm in UK) and I looked on the citoren site (My Citroen) and no recalls under there ???

Just checked again.....

There are no known safety recalls.

As a subscribed user, we will continue monitoring your registered vehicle(s) on a regular basis so you don't have to. If your Citroën vehicle requires inspection under the code of practice agreed between DVSA and ourselves then we will alert you by email. We will also write to the registered keeper of the vehicle based on the address held by our Customer Care department.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is what I received this morning sorry for it being wrong way round. Regards burky

·
Registered
57 Posts
no noise from my steering but I have noticed my steering wheel is slightly off centre. car doesn't pull to one side and drives perfectly straight. if there is going to be a recall, I will get the dealer to look at some other issues I've had. door handle end cover and radiator fan staying on with warning message to stop the car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have not got any problems with noise or any other matter with the car that's what I can't understand,why call it in if there's no problem with it

·
Registered
133 Posts
Burky said:
I have not got any problems with noise or any other matter with the car that's what I can't understand,why call it in if there's no problem with it
It may only apply to a certain production run that will be identified by their VIN number.

G

·
fixerman said:
Burky said:
It may only apply to a certain production run that will be identified by their VIN number.
I'm sure you are spot on. There were various recalls on my old C4 that affected some VIN's and not others, even in its early stages.

·
Registered
57 Posts
that's correct, car manufacturers have a lot control system in place, which allows traceability of the affected faulty parts and to exactly which cars have been fitted with the potential faulty parts. so sometimes a full recall is not needed. I suppose we will all have to wait and see if we get the same letter.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
wil said:
that's correct, car manufacturers have a lot control system in place, which allows traceability of the affected faulty parts and to exactly which cars have been fitted with the potential faulty parts. so sometimes a full recall is not needed. I suppose we will all have to wait and see if we get the same letter.
Yeah very true.... Not noticed any problems at all though so far, apart from me finding excuses to go for a drive :lol:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Thanks for sharing.

When mine was in last week for the adapter to the ad blue reservoir (recall} my dealer said the Cactus has had its fair share of recalls, which is jargon for quite a lot.

I've not had the steering wheel or any other recall notice apart from the previously mentioned adapter.

Makes you wonder if the Cactus was a test production.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I recieved a recall from Citroen Denmark, to have something fixed with the lock for the hood....it could in rare cases cause a complete change of the hood....

It'll be interesting to find out what the problem is....This is my first (ever) recall.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I rung citreon to ask about the recall about steering wheel column and was told there was none for my car but there was a recall for the diesel harness which was carried out before i got the car

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yes I rang my dealer tday and apart from the harness which was done last week there are no other recalls at present for mine either.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Muddles said:
Yes I rang my dealer tday and apart from the harness which was done last week there are no other recalls at present for mine either.
I'm going to do the same, but saying that when mine was booked for harness I did mention other recalls and he said he checked and there were none others at the time

1 - 20 of 33 Posts