Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, still yet to fill up the Cactus, just wondering, before I do, is there a recommended petrol/ brand that people use?
Forgive my ignorance on this subject, as I've only been driving a month, and only had the Cactus since March 19th!
Thanks!

·
Registered
262 Posts
From the manual

I tend to use Shell as that is the most convenient for me and always go for the premium unleaded.

The advice that I have received in the past is to try as much as possible to stick with the same brand / type where possible but obviously not to drive a million miles to do so.

Font Circle Screenshot Number Brand

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
The 110 Turbo has a 10.5:1 compression ratio. So to the best of my knowledge, 98 RON is the needed fuel. Of course you can get 95 RON but the computer will retard the ignition which will get you higher consumption and lower torque.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Bewar3them00n said:
So for my non Turbo 1.2, I should use? Premium unleaded?
You should fill 95 RON. That's Regular in most of Europe.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I finally did it, and typically, got to the pumps and all the ones I need were full, tried to be clever and thought I could pull the nozzle round if I parked close enough, then couldn't get out of car!
So by this time the pumps on the other side were free and had to reverse into a spot, but finally managed to put some regular unleaded in, decided to put about £30 worth in ( 3/4 tank-ish) just to see how far it would fill, and will probably fill next time.
Want the hassle free scenario I'd envisioned, but got there in the end!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Found this under my build data via the Citroen service site. Also states 95 RON on the filler flap.

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
The question is, 95 RON is the required minimum, or the actual Octane number required by Citroen for the 110 HP engine?
VW TSI engines require 95 RON as minimum!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts