Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am struggling without a rev counter. Anyone else having this problem? Not sure where red line is, but I have found its power! Flair diesel. No sure if I have over revved it yet. It's certainly not lazy in the power band!

·
Registered
472 Posts
A rev counter is nice to have but its certainly no problem. Why do you need to over rev it, during driving it tells you when to change gear. Other than that its down to experience, if you 'need' to red line it I think you've bought the wrong car. :eek:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Gary said:
I am struggling without a rev counter. Anyone else having this problem? Not sure where red line is, but I have found its power! Flair diesel. No sure if I have over revved it yet. It's certainly not lazy in the power band!
Yes a rev counter would be a nice addition its good to know when climbing a hill or when cold for example but its not something I miss with the Cactus now I am used to it. But yes it does pull well for a little 1.6 engine

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you connect an OBD ELM327 port bluetooth bridge (available on eBay) in theory you can add a rev counter via a phone app.
I did this for my last car (a Honda) and meant to try the same on the Cactus). What stopping me is that the port looks like its too well hidden
for the adapter I have. Had anyone else tried this? The OBD port gives you access to the info from the cars various sensors. Some manufacturers
limit what is visible but I dont see why the current revs shouldnt be displayable.

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
644 Posts
Gary said:
We've had our car a year and I still haven't found the power band! It seems really random. Occasionally I get a real kick when accelerating but not often.

·
Registered
62 Posts
With regards to my original posts about using an OBD blutooth adaptor, you need the extension lead if you want to refit the trim panal back on as there is no room behind it to fit the adapter with if in place. On right hand drive UK vehicles the port is on the passenger side behind the trim cover under the glove box . further info in my previous posts. Good luck.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Gary said:
Why do you need the extension cable? Thx
The ELM adaptor I have sticks out a couple of inches. As Gary noted the trim wouldn't go back on.
It may be that there are smaller adaptors available but I'd rather not gamble on a new one when the one I have I know works
with my phone. (IOS).

Once this works there are a huge number of apps to tailor what gets displayed.
Its still not as much fun as a Tesla, but you get to play :ugeek:

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
47 Posts
DashCmd even has a Citroen dashboard you can download.
Many options to tweak but it seems to work really well making of for the missing Rev counter.

If anyone else is having a go at plugging one of these adaptors in be very careful in removing the panel
to access the port. It seems designed to break the top brackets. When removing it don't lever it up as i did.

Product Font Screenshot Gadget Audio equipment

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
ferrisimo said:
Extension cable ordered. I need to give this a go.

Having access to the OBD helped on one occasion with the old car where it entered a rev limited mode due to pressure loss.

Cheers,
Dave
Ebay? Any links for suitable or working product?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.