Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a bit of a delay (The transport company forgot to deliver my Cactus from Sheerness) I am hopefully getting it next Wednesday. I wonder if anyone can give me an incite into the reversing camera. I'm sure once I get the car and study the owner manual, all will become clear, but first hand experience is better in my opinion. So, when you look at the screen, there is a red line from left to right, which I assume means that's as far as you should go. Two blue parallel lines, presumably showing car width, or area to keep inside of. Then two additional lines which cross each other. What are they for? And do I have the others correct?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. So the curved line indicates the vehicles turning circle. Does this relate in any way to the kerbside when parallel parking?

Registered
Yes...

If the curb face crosses the line on the screen then it tells you you will hit it.

To keep it simple you are parking into a car park parking space one side of it has a curb. You line up to reverse into the space. If the lines on the screen cross the curb line that is the point you will hit it assuming you don't move the steering wheel to compensate.

The screen is not intelligent to inform you of the best route into the space. The guide lines are an overlay onto the camera image.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers. Looks like I'll have to have a few practice runs. Parallel parking has never been one of my strongest points. :/

Registered
It's revolutionised parking in a car park space for me (as opposed to parallel parking). Sooo easy to just line the outside lines up in the space. Don't know how I'll ever get another car without a camera now!

It is also excellent at seeing how close objects behind you are - visibility isn't the best out of the back of the cactus.

Registered
You mean you don't know how I'll ever get another CITRO脣N without a camera now!

Registered
My Cactus is the Flair so the reversing camera was standard. Scary how quick you come to rely on it. Really great for small parking places in underground carparks. Wouldn't be without it.

Registered
Me too, I love it being in colour.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts