Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what changes can be hoped for? heated seats? 110bhp petrol with etg? at least another interior light, surely.

Registered
Decent horn and powered folding mirrors ;)

Registered
Well - I've got heated seats in mine 2015....

Registered
I've heard that the 1.2 110hp will get the 6 speed automatic gearbox EAT, just like the Peugeot 2008...

Registered
Rev counter would be very nice.......

Something like this (round part on left) - it would fit great where the daft change gear indicator is

Can I ask does our current cactus have heated mirrors. I saw some advert somewhere and it said heated mirrors - I never knew it had that

Registered
Yes it does...they come on with the rear heated window.

Registered
My 1,6 BlueHDi Flair will come with heated mirrors and heated seats - but it's some looong weeks waiting... :-(

Registered
I think we need a 130 petrol engine and 6 speed gearbox...and also the heated seats that are available in non- UK markets which would make the leather option more pleasant.

Registered
Fully adjustable wheel and rev counter for me

Surprised they've not introduced the 75bhp 'blue' too

Registered
JohnYoung said:
BristolRich said:
Yes it does...they come on with the rear heated window.
Well that's good to know...... Thanks :D
Well well well... what a coincidence. Just today when sitting behind the wheel I noted quite a few wires behind the mirror. Seen them from the small gap between the mirror and its housing and thought to myself 'how come so many wires just for a few motors'.

Maybe I do have heated mirrors then..

Anyways... not needed where I live :cry:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the responses all of which are sensible and highly valid. the rev counter requests. i'm with this because I don't fancy going back to my '56 morris minor spec. since then, rev counters have always been a joy to me and a great help in driving.
the heated seats; was that a message from Denmark? if so, it's cold here too. heated leather does sound rather perfect.
carson.

Registered
It's standard for the campain-models in Denmark to have heated seats.

Registered
carson said:
thanks for the responses all of which are sensible and highly valid. the rev counter requests. i'm with this because I don't fancy going back to my '56 morris minor spec. since then, rev counters have always been a joy to me and a great help in driving.
the heated seats; was that a message from Denmark? if so, it's cold here too. heated leather does sound rather perfect.
carson.
Last time I found a rev counter useful was in my rally Imp many years back, when I had a using limit of 10500 and 12000 in emergencies...

In normal driving, I have always found a pair of ears quite sufficient, especially with a diesel car.

G

Dadioglasgow said:
In normal driving, I have always found a pair of ears quite sufficient, especially with a diesel car.
Exactly the same for me. I cannot ever having used the Rev counter in my old c4. In fact the reason I purchased the ETG version was because I lost my hearing in one ear and the other is problematic at times, so not being able to always hear the revs of the engine could be embarrassing when pulling away at times.

Being the ETG the armrest is excellent with the aircraft style hand brake. As others have said not having folding mirrors and rear interior lights are my biggest gripe especially on the top spec models.

Registered
ran said:
I've heard that the 1.2 110hp will get the 6 speed automatic gearbox EAT, just like the Peugeot 2008...
Imo its worth the wait. I am not going to get the etg. I think those robotised single clutch manual gearboxes are ticking time bombs that in the long run will eat up all the savings from the low fuel consumption.
Considering the EAT6 is found on bigger cars like peugeot 508 that weighs almoust twice as much as cactus, this gearbox should be bulletproof.

Registered
If I was to upgrade, I'd have lumbar support in the seats, steering wheel adjust up as well as down, and in and out. Split rear seat? Other than that happy!

Registered
Dadioglasgow said:
carson said:
carson.
Last time I found a rev counter useful was in my rally Imp many years back, when I had a using limit of 10500 and 12000 in emergencies...

Good for you, however some people like a rev counter and there is nothing wrong with that. I'm sure there are features you might like or use that other people have no desire for, but I doubt you'll get a sarcastic response for it.

G

FrankBullitt said:
Good for you, however some people like a rev counter and there is nothing wrong with that. I'm sure there are features you might like or use that other people have no desire for, but I doubt you'll get a sarcastic response for it.
I don't think Dadioglasgow was intentionaly being sarcastic.

Rallying an Hillman Imp I think implies he is of the older generation. Rev counters were not heard of in standard cars in those days and you had no option but to rely on your hearing as to when to change gear and it's something that stays with you.

Times move on and rev counters are pretty standard now (except for the Cactus) but old habits die hard and there are still a few of us about that have never used a rev counter even if your car has one fitted.

I stated in my post that I changed from my manual C4 to a Cactus with ETG purely as my hearing was deteriorating. Some people would say "use the rev counter" but that was completely alien to me having always driven by by hearing.

But I certainly know people who wouldn't dream of buying a car without a rev counter.

I think it's a case of horses for courses. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts