Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to set up the satnav to display speed limits...this seems to be 'greyed out' on the settings menu - I'm assuming this means it hasn't been installed? Or am I missing something on the menu?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have never touched the settings on mine and the speed alerts on the screen come on automatically. It does not work in all areas though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
mines the same, there are certain areas where it goes off.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mark said:
I have never touched the settings on mine and the speed alerts on the screen come on automatically. It does not work in all areas though.
Mark, just wondering if the 'Alert settings' on yours are all visible? On mine, the only one in bold is the 'display speed limits' which you can check or uncheck - everything else you can't select as it's not in bold?? I have it checked, but in a week of driving haven't yet seen a speed limit show up...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Mine always shows the different speed limits in the top left hand corner. It has been like that from new. I use the traffic alert messages and the Satnav as normal. I have not seen anything in bold except for the magnification and the speed is like a normal on the road sign. You should look up Bristolrich he is the one of the most technical between us. How are your driving tutors enjoying your car?.

·
Registered
266 Posts
There is VERY limited speed limit indication on screen. The majority of roads near me do not show speed - only a few do. Pathetic compared to the Tom-tom speed limit displays...

·
Registered
316 Posts
It is the same here in Manchester, it only works occaissionally and mainly on the new solar powered signs.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mark said:
How are your driving tutors enjoying your car?.
My pupils love the car! I think it's the best training car I've had by far...I have had a Hyundai I20, two Corsas and the DS3 - the DS3 was a big improvement on the Corsa, but the Cactus beats them all hands down :) I'll ask the dealer about the risk area settings...maybe there is an update available which will enable them all?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah,okay...I think I get it now. So this is an add-on that you have to purchase? Has anyone else purchased this update? Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mrsstuzilla said:
You're a driving instructor. You don't need to know where the cameras are as you should be always driving at the correct speed. ;)
Ahem....that's true, and I'm always at great pains to explain to my pupils that if they speed (apart from the obvious road safety reasons ) they are not exempt from speeding fines whilst a learner. And bearing in mind that I'd be liable too as the supervisor, it's definitely in my interest to keep them in check! :shock:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Oh no a double whammy!! I find the clear LCD numbers really help to keep to the limits. I don't like the speed limiter much so I don't use that.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I saw the speed limit in the top left on the test car I drove and it changed quite quick and was accurate on the roads we used. Maybe that car had the speed camera update I don't know

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quick update...I have now seen the speed limits come up on a few roads having driven a bit further afield - I have to say when they work they are very accurate...to the point where they change EXACTLY as you pass the sign! Would be good if they worked on all the roads though!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Cloud9 said:
Quick update...I have now seen the speed limits come up on a few roads having driven a bit further afield - I have to say when they work they are very accurate...to the point where they change EXACTLY as you pass the sign! Would be good if they worked on all the roads though!
Yes that's what we saw on the test drive

1 - 16 of 16 Posts