Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of questions from my wife ( she's the driver :D ).

Has anyone experienced a whistling noise while on the motorway? Possibly through door seal?

Also has anyone had problems with the car shaking in 3rd gear?

·
Registered
725 Posts
I've found that if you hold on to the gear stick you can sometimes feel some shaking, as though you are in the wrong gear, or the gear box is rocking on its mounts. It's a bit difficult to describe. But it seems to improve with a bit of weight in the boot or a couple of passengers in the back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had issue with gears after 6 months of use. They changed some parts and was OK for few days. Now car is back in service with central locking problems. Not sure if this car is as good as advertised.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had this awful whistling noise and it has been in and out of the garage I bought the car from for 10 months now. They have done all sorts but the problem continues... It is like high pitched pan pipes crossed between white noise and very distracting when driving on the motorway. If any one has any solutions I would be more than grateful to hear them.

·
Registered
472 Posts
kregardsoe said:
I have had this awful whistling noise and it has been in and out of the garage I bought the car from for 10 months now. They have done all sorts but the problem continues... It is like high pitched pan pipes crossed between white noise and very distracting when driving on the motorway. If any one has any solutions I would be more than grateful to hear them.
Hi, do check the previous threads on the 'noise' problem you have, there's plenty for you to peruse right back nearly 18 months or so.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Lsmithy said:

Has anyone experienced a whistling noise while on the motorway? Possibly through door seal?

I've experienced a whistling noise, like a flute is being played. But only since the repairer replaced the front section after someone reversed in to me, and only when driving at 65-70mph with the wind blowing in the right direction. So back to the garage it's gone. They have identified the problem and ordered a part, as soon as I find out what the part it, I'll post it here.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Blactus said:
Lsmithy said:

I've experienced a whistling noise, like a flute is being played. But only since the repairer replaced the front section after someone reversed in to me, and only when driving at 65-70mph with the wind blowing in the right direction. So back to the garage it's gone. They have identified the problem and ordered a part, as soon as I find out what the part it, I'll post it here.
That will be interesting and good to know for the future.... Maybe that door strip someone once mentioned

1 - 10 of 10 Posts