Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice on some posts there still seems to be the road/wind noise headache. I wonder how many owners still get this problem, and if/what they've done about it. We have never had any issues over wind or road noise, motorway or urban, have we been lucky or is it that its a few unlucky owners. Is it a wider problem that is solvable or do some just live with it. If it is indeed just a few, then this could put potential buyers off (understandable). Don't suppose it could do with whatever engine etc you've got. :?:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Can't say it's ever been a problem for me, even on the motorway. It may be a bit noisier than our old car but I think that's only due to the wider tyres.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
We had a Mazda 6 before this car which was a motorway cruiser car and yes the cactus is a little noiser but not bad by any means and as its been said it could be down to the wider tyres...

So what wheels do people have and how noisy ?

We have 17" and I would say a little bit noisy

·
Registered
266 Posts
We have 17" wheels on our Cactus - in my opinion, there is very little road noise, particularly when compared to our previous C4 )which also had 17" wheels). You do get occasional wind noise in strong crosswinds, but even that is fairly rare.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dadioglasgow said:
We have 17" wheels on our Cactus - in my opinion, there is very little road noise, particularly when compared to our previous C4 )which also had 17" wheels). You do get occasional wind noise in strong crosswinds, but even that is fairly rare.
Pretty much same as us then but compared to a Honda CRV.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Road noise at speed is relatively poor (I have the 17" wheels) probably because of the lack of sound deadening due to this cars exceptional weight saving.

My Golf 7 GTI on 18" rims and lower profile tyres is much quieter...and heavier.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My previous car, Peugeot 508, has been acknowledged to be very quiet. That was diesel, and I have now 110 petrol Cactus. I must say that the difference in road noise is not that big. Now, there is perhaps more noise from tires and wind but the engine is actually more quiet. Thinking about the strategy of saving costs, I think Citroen has managed pretty well in this respect, still keeping noise in moderate level.

·
Registered
133 Posts
It seems, from reading recent postings, that my flair may not have a jukebox or a USB socket in the glovebox.

·
Registered
316 Posts
No problem with noise in my car either.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mrsstuzilla said:
Is easy enough to check if it has a juke box (and the socket too). Does it give you a juke box option when you press source?
Thanks Claire but I don't actually have the car yet. The dealer called me today with a registration number and a promise to do his best to get it to me for new year.

·
Registered
644 Posts
fixerman said:
Mrsstuzilla said:
Is easy enough to check if it has a juke box (and the socket too). Does it give you a juke box option when you press source?
Thanks Claire but I don't actually have the car yet. The dealer called me today with a registration number and a promise to do his best to get it to me for new year.
Ah well fingers crossed it comes with both then. Seems a bit of a lottery which equipment options everybody is getting at the mo. :/

·
Registered
33 Posts
See my photos on page three of this thread. My wind noise was due to the door trims not being cut to the correct length. It took way to many garage visits for them to see it despite me pointing it out from day one.

IN the door frame there are indents to where the seal is supposed to stretch too in mine these were about an inch to short leaving a gap between the end of the seal and the plastic guard built into the door.

Use my photos or take your own and give them to the garage to see what needs done.

·
Registered
133 Posts
podman said:
See my photos on page three of this thread. My wind noise was due to the door trims not being cut to the correct length. It took way to many garage visits for them to see it despite me pointing it out from day one.

IN the door frame there are indents to where the seal is supposed to stretch too in mine these were about an inch to short leaving a gap between the end of the seal and the plastic guard built into the door.

Use my photos or take your own and give them to the garage to see what needs done.
There are only two pages of this thread so far?

·
Registered
328 Posts
cactusjack said:
I notice on some posts there still seems to be the road/wind noise headache. I wonder how many owners still get this problem, and if/what they've done about it. We have never had any issues over wind or road noise, motorway or urban, have we been lucky or is it that its a few unlucky owners. Is it a wider problem that is solvable or do some just live with it. If it is indeed just a few, then this could put potential buyers off (understandable). Don't suppose it could do with whatever engine etc you've got. :?:
Don't get the 17 inch black alloys if you drive a lot of motorway or duel carriage way. It's an absolute din. Take it from a rep who drives for a living.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts