Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is probably a particularly noob like question... but I've never used a roof box before...

Obviously my Cactus has the factory standard roof bars, but I need the appropriate bars to go across for a roof box to mount onto. Anyone tried this / know the likely candidate of bars?
I'm assuming they're not standard/universal...

Ta
Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Steve,
I purchased my roof bars from my citroen dealer. Think i paid somewhere around £90-£100.
They are easy to fit. Other bars i looked at are near double this price. They are not a universal fit.

One word of warning, I have a fairly large roof box and could not install it on these roof bars (due to their design) without drilling new holes in my roof box.

Glynn

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been thinking of buying roof bars, too. I already have a roofbox which I have been using with my previous cars. I noticed that the distance between the connection points where the standard Citroen roofbars should be installed is too short for my roofbox. And I would not like to drill any additional holes. So, if you know some other roofbars that fit Cactus, suggestions are welcome. It is not very easy to find them since the rails on Cactus are so thick.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks. I would still like to find some cheaper ones. There is need for those only about once a year, so some cheaper all-round roof bars would be enough for random usage.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello, as winter season is already here I am looking for a roof rack which will fit into the built-in roof bars on the Cactus. Found this post above mentioning Menabo - I wrote to this company a while ago asking if any of their models is going to fit Cactus and got negative answer - not sure if the user emarinov is still active, would be really interested if anyone managed to fit Menabos in place. Currently it is just emarinov vs Menabo claiming different things :)
Any thoughts on getting something cheaper than Thule for 180+ eur/pounds, please?

·
Registered
48 Posts
So just to let you all know, I went to a shop to try menabo dozer/brio roof racks out. They fit our non-standard dimension-wise roof bars on Cactus just fine with price much much lower than Thule. Bought them already together with a rack for ski/snowboard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glynn said:
Hi Steve,
I purchased my roof bars from my citroen dealer. Think i paid somewhere around £90-£100.
They are easy to fit. Other bars i looked at are near double this price. They are not a universal fit.

One word of warning, I have a fairly large roof box and could not install it on these roof bars (due to their design) without drilling new holes in my roof box.

Glynn
Hi,

I am just wondering what size box you were using? We are going to purchase bars from Citroen today but we will be hiring a box. Obviously we cannot drill extra holes in a hire box :lol:

We only purchased the car last Friday and probably should have done better research r.e. bars/boxes because we go on holiday this weekend! Starting to panic a little.

Hannah

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.