Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
You can't as I'm pretty sure that the fixing bolts are under the roof lining, and even if it was possible you would be left with multiple holes in the roof.
We decided to have them removed at the order stage...mainly because I think it looks a lot nicer but also because, should we need to use a roof rack/box, suitable roof bars can be purchased.

·
Registered
735 Posts
helk said:
Hi

Does anyone now how to remove the rails ?
Why would you want to do that? :(
They're part of the Cactus character ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
When sticking roof wrap, my workshop removed the roofbar by prying open the front/rear portion of the bar and it's screwed to the roof. So no need to open your roof lining

·
Registered
128 Posts
Oh ok, still going to be left with holes in the roof regardless.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I would have thought taking them off would damage the roof. But they are part of its character which has been said, its like taking the airbumps off and filling the doors to smoothe them out. Why???. Also how do you put after market roof bars on nowadays. Last time I did that was when cars used to have a gutter to fix to. Out of curiosity how do they fix nowadays ?

·
Registered
128 Posts
They are like our old Focus - there's a hole behind the door seal above the door. The bars have a rubber foot that sits on the roof then they anchor into said hole.

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
StevieJ said:
They are like our old Focus - there's a hole behind the door seal above the door. The bars have a rubber foot that sits on the roof then they anchor into said hole.
Ah! I see, thanks for enlightening me ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts